HELP! accidentally deleted IMSCServer from Droid Bionic

OP
S

Sgtblack

Reaction score
I guess I could return the phone and get another one? I have the Costco deal were there is a 14 day return policy.

OP
S

Sgtblack

Reaction score
I feel for you man :(. There must be something different about installing system apps on the bionic, and since it's so new I have no idea what that is. I really hope someone with greater technical insight into this stuff helps us out.
Its alright, I appreciate the help. I just wish it was like my droid where I could just use rom manager and restore a back up like no problem lol

OP
S

Sgtblack

Reaction score
Omg wait, there is a restore my /system/apps folder in pete's Motorola root tools... worth a try?

Chopteeth

Reaction score
Its alright, I appreciate the help. I just wish it was like my droid where I could just use rom manager and restore a back up like no problem lol
Wait a sec, what are all these .odex files in system/app? maybe that has something to do with it... one sec

Chopteeth

Reaction score
Omg wait, there is a restore my /system/apps folder in pete's Motorola root tools... worth a try?

Definitely, although that's probably not an option for me because I stupidly reset my phone... gg

Chopteeth

Reaction score
OK one more thing, what is the name of the IMSCServer apk you're trying to install? I can't find it anywhere in my system/app folder.

Edit: The restore system/app option only works with droid 3 -_-

OP
S

Sgtblack

Reaction score
the apk is under com.motorola.android.server.ims_1.0.apk

OP
S

Sgtblack

Reaction score
restoring system/app folder option only works for the droid 3 =[[[[

gsDroid

Reaction score
the apk is under com.motorola.android.server.ims_1.0.apk

I checked and have a com.motorola.android.server.ims.apk and a com.motorola.android.server.ims.odex. These are in my system/app internal memory folder. Did you delete one or both of these?

OP
S

Sgtblack

Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! YEEEESSS! when I went back into TB it was there and said the backup was valid! I think you have to do the method with the apk that I had listed before with root explorer and then go back into TB and restore, 3G is back and everything. Thank you so much for all of your help! I'll stick around for as long as I can to try to get your problem fixed!

Chopteeth

Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! YEEEESSS! when I went back into TB it was there and said the backup was valid! I think you have to do the method with the apk that I had listed before with root explorer and then go back into TB and restore, 3G is back and everything. Thank you so much for all of your help! I'll stick around for as long as I can to try to get your problem fixed!

YESSSSSSSSSSS VICTORY!!!!!!!! Trying the same with my problem using the backup of Yahoo Contacts you gave me, one sec.