Hello

Hairydawg

Reaction score
New to the site. I am a noob when it comes to rooting my Droid and which ROMs to use. Did get it rooted. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. dancedroid

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and dark side (rooted).

Check out the hacking section for available roms. Pick two or three and install. Make notes on what you like and do not. Notice what rom performs best on your particular phone and stick with it.

Make a backup between the installs and you should be fine.

Mike

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! I say pick up set cpu, titanium backup, and a screen cap app.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Genisis

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Glad to have you. There is a whole lot of great info on the site and the ppl on here are fantastic to get tips from.
My phone D2 isnt rooted but I will suggest a few things to you from what I have learned on this site. DONT use any "TASK KILLERS"! Even the very name of the app is sending chills up everyones spines at this point. Also...live wallpaper is "cool" but it is a battery killer and most will make your phone laggy. WIFI will be a battery killer also IF leave it on with no WIFI in the area. Best to get a profiler that will pick up your location and allow it to turn on/off your WIFI depending where you set WIFI hot spots to be. GPS is ok to LEAVE ON all the time due to it is only used "on demand" by any app that needs it. Keeps you from having to toggle it every time an app needs it.
Lastly....IMO...get "Beautiful Widgets" app. As name implies....is beautiful. OH...and get "ANGRY BIRDS" game (free). Others might want to add some tips as well and some might disagree with some of the things Ive suggested, but, thats all they are is suggestions.