Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Firewing, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Firewing

Firewing Member

in northern cali, where the desert and the mountai
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All,
    My name is Cara, I have the Motorola Droid A855. I am just learning about rooting, and have just recently rooted and am looking to learn all I can about the advantages of rooting. So any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks dancedroid
    Cara

2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the forums. You've come to the right place.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Welcome to the board!! My recommendation is to just read everything you can find. There is a tremendous amount of info here.

I've had my droid for over a year now and been rooted almost a year. I flash roms like a crazy person. Some times 2-3 per day!! I now mostly use Sapphire and Ultimate Droid, but there are some other great roms. You really can't go wrong with any of the popular ones. I tend to now pick which roms I use as "daily drivers" based on which themes are available for which roms. In other words, I pick a "look" that I like and then load the rom for that theme.

Anyway, read and enjoy.

BTW, if you haven't already, create a nandroid backup immediately. In fact, create a backup every few days and definitely before you make any real changes, such as changing roms, kernels, themes etc.

4. Firewing

Firewing Member

in northern cali, where the desert and the mountai
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also love putting new Rom's on my phone. Since rooting and putting on ROM manager three days ago, I think I have tried all the free ones... I like lithium the best because I love color. What other Rom's have lots of color? And is there a place to download them on my PC?