hello

cedricsaxon

Reaction score
Hi my name is Jeff and I bought an OG droid around launch two years ago and pretty much loved it. From playing FIFA and Battleheart to streaming live sports, constant email, text and Facebook...it was a great phone. I just recently got a Galaxy Nexus and am in love/hate with it. The speed of the phone, the screen and ICS are awesome!! The 5 hours I get from the extended battery and the lethargic 4G that is 1 bar / no bars in my NYC apartment are not so wonderful. Ive been on the forums a lot lately whenever i have a question about how to do something on my phone and to read up about my battery and 4G signal issues and have started to read up on how to root my OG Droid.... I seem to always find the answer to my questions like where to find the signal strength or how to check how many hours my phone has been on "keep awake"....
and I had an amazing experience with Neil one of the forum admins when he helped me with a password problem, so I'm excited to join the community.:icon_ lala:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF Jeff!! Sorry to hear you are having some issues but hopefully you will be able to get them sorted out.
And that Neil is a pretty good guy, glad he was able to get you all set up and running :biggrin:

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! While rooting isn't always for everyone, I definitely recommend it. It seems to have taken away everyone's issues that they still had stock. And with root, being able to use apps like setCPU REALLY helps with your battery.