Hello, New to Forum.

tsouthall

Reaction score
I read the forums all of the time - find them helpful. But unfortunately I now need help, so I have registered/joined.

My rooted Droid X received the gingerbread update (I was unable to stop it). I removed the battery twice, but each time i put it back it the download restarted. It was apparent I was not going to be able to stop it so I did hit the 1 click and removed the root from my phone before the download finished - I wasn't sure what would happen if the download completed on my rooted phone. Althought the update downloaded, I have not installed the update and need help removing it.

I am unable to do the 1 Click root or to use my wifi tethering since this downloaded - again it is not installed.

That was all that I used the root for (tethering). I have not removed any bloatware or changed anything on the phone.

ANY help is appreciated.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Have you tried Z4 root? Then you will probably need to root, then use an app like Root Explorer to find the update file. Worst case scenario, you can always SBF back to Froyo and have a clean start.

To keep it from updating after you fix it, you can install a custom rom, freeze or uninstall some bloatware or manually upgrade to rooted Gingerbread.

SkyNet Liberty AOSP

Insidious

Reaction score
I don't reccomend wifi tethering. Its illegal so Verizon can charge you for it and/or suspend your data.. I actually got "chewed" out by a rep because I used alot of data that month and she assumed I was tethering.
Sent from my Droid Bionic!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much as long as you aren't using a ton of data... I tether sometimes mainly to print something or play Goldeneye online (which uses like 5mb per 10 minute game)

SkyNet Liberty AOSP