Hello, I'm new to Droids and forums as well.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by skyeD, May 18, 2012.

1. skyeD

skyeD New Member

Hello, I got a Droid 4 yesterday and I think I will love it as soon as I figure out how everything works. I still can not get it to connect to the Wi-Fi. It sees my home network, it asked for and accepted the password to my router. It tells me the signal is good, I ask it to connect and it changes the status to "connecting..." then after a second or two it says "Disconnected." It doesn't give me an error message or any indication why it will not connect. Since I have never had a Smartphone before I decided to join this forum to see if I could learn how to resolve the problems I've discovered. This is the first forum I have ever joined so please forgive me if I have no forum savvy.
  2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome!

We are happy to have ya with us! Congrats on the D4...

What type of router / wireless n or g or some other? The phones will sometimes connect to one but not the other...
  3. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to DF!! Let us know what type of router you have and we will go from there.
  4. skyeD

skyeD New Member

Solved the router problem

I have a Linksys Cisco router. I tried some experimentation last night and discovered that if I plugged my phone into the USB for my computer, turned it on and accessed the wireless network (via the computer) I could request that the network find new devices and it found my phone. Now the phone is connecting to the network without a problem. I don't know why I couldn't connect straight from the phone like the other devices I have added to the network, but I don't guess it matters because it is working well now. Thanks for the kind welcome and the offer of help on the solution. I am learning new stuff everyday as I learn how all the options on my phone work, I may be back with more questions.
  5. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

Awesome news! Glad ya got it!!
  6. SFGate

SFGate New Member

Welcome to the site. DancingNexus