Hello, Hello

KJW73

Reaction score
Hey everyone I am brand new here! I would love to do the ultimate droid modification to my phone, but unfortunately I am not very good at this, evidently. I would love for someone to possibly be able to help me out, if possible. I have the ADR6300 HTC Droid Incredible. If anyone is willing and able to help me out that would be great!! Like I said though I am inept at this so far. I am, however willing to do whatever it takes to understand and do what it takes to do this mod to my phone. Thank you so very much. Also, if there is anyone that possibly lives close by and I could get help from them, that would be even better! I live in Griffin, GA. My name is Ken Weldon. Get in touch with me here and maybe you could be able to help me. Thanx

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. I have a rooted Droid with quit a bit of experience rooting. Unfortunately, I've never rooted an Incredible otherwise I would be glad to step you through the process.

In view or your request, I am going to move your post to the Incredible hacking section in hopes that someone will be able to assist you.

Mike

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey everyone I am brand new here! I would love to do the ultimate droid modification to my phone, but unfortunately I am not very good at this, evidently. I would love for someone to possibly be able to help me out, if possible. I have the ADR6300 HTC Droid Incredible. If anyone is willing and able to help me out that would be great!! Like I said though I am inept at this so far. I am, however willing to do whatever it takes to understand and do what it takes to do this mod to my phone. Thank you so very much. Also, if there is anyone that possibly lives close by and I could get help from them, that would be even better! I live in Griffin, GA. My name is Ken Weldon. Get in touch with me here and maybe you could be able to help me. Thanx

Hi there buddy, have you tried rooting yet? If not thats ok it is very easy.

This is the link for the one-click root method released by unrEVOked
unrevoked3 recovery reflash tool, v3.21

Also it mentions installing some separate drivers. The link to instrutions with pics is here.
public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki]

Read through those and go from there. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask here or join DroidForum's Incredible sister site at www.Incredibleforum.com. I am there also under the same screen name.

Good luck and happy hacking.

OP
K

KJW73

Reaction score
Thanks very much Doug! Yes, I have tried rooting and I have the s-off and the recovery mode, but when I try to do a backup and restore it doesn't do anything. I get the recovery screen and everything, but when I push the power button on the back and restore option, the screen just goes blank and it doesn't do anything. I have to push down the power button again and it just goes to back to the recovery screen. What should I do?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Use the optical trackball to select things. Not the power button.

CannibalAngel

Reaction score
If you rooted with unrEVOked and you are in the recovery option in hboot then you have to use the optical trackball to select the options.

Not sure if other roots and recovery's are different but that is how it works for unrEVOked.

P.S. unrEVOked uses ClockWork 2 recovery. Not sure the exact version but I know for sure that it is ClockWrok 2.