Hello again DF and Goodbye T-Mobile

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Let me start off by saying that I still pop in from time to time so here I am. It's good to see some familiar names still here.

My update:
I was part of that T-Mobile hack. My information was compromised and from what I understand this is the third or fourth time this has happened in past few years so I feel that I can no longer trust TM. They obviously didn't learn their lesson from before. I know this hack also affected previous customers so I'm still not safe even after I leave them but they need to realize that carelessness costs customers. The guy who hacked them reported that it was easy. TM wasn't even sure how many customers were affected. I liked TM but for the reasons above it's time to move on even though I still owe on the V60's I have. I'll just bite the bullet and pay them off and sell them for whatever I can get. They won't work on Xfinity wireless, my new carrier as of this coming Tuesday.

So that's who I'm switching to. The phones won't be in until Tuesday so that's why I have to wait until then. My wife is getting the S21+ and I'm getting the Flip 3. This is my first Samsung phone. I do have a Samsung tablet. It's older but I like it so I'll give the Flip a try. The reviews have been great and I was trying it in the store and it seemed nice. I'll deal with the small battery. I am having trouble finding a case I like because most are out of stock. I guess this is a popular phone. I bought a cheap one for now until one of the ones I like become available again

The only thing I'm not crazy about is Xfinity's unlimited gets throttled at 20gb. I guess I'm going to have to use wifi at home more. With TM I never turn off 5g. I'll have to start doing that. They do use Verizon's network so that's a big plus and I believe the phones are unlocked so there's that.

I looked at VZW and AT&T and they are still very expensive.

So I just wanted to check in and give you guys an update about what's going on in my tech life. Talk to ya soon.

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hey now... Good to see you in here... How's life otherwise in these crazy times? I'm with you on TM they just don't get it right.. They had a leak when I was with them awhile back... Offered account holders one year or two I can't remember for credit and identity theft through the Experian... flip 3 seems good other than battery reviews so far but we shall see.. I'm waiting on one from Samsung scheduled end of Sept... I have two cases coming.. Leather and Aramid... Most likely not even go with a case tbh... I got a clear skin coming... Haha

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm looking at the VRS. I love belt clips and their case comes with one for $45. They have it on their website but not Amazon. My second choice is the Spigen Tough Armor.

On their site, VRS shows the phone in the clip holder face out. I emailed them to find out if the phone could be carried face in to protect the small screen. If it can I'm getting that case. If it can't I'll be getting the Spigen.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm looking at the VRS. I love belt clips and their case comes with one for $45. They have it on their website but not Amazon. My second choice is the Spigen Tough Armor.

On their site, VRS shows the phone in the clip holder face out. I emailed them to find out if the phone could be carried face in to protect the small screen. If it can I'm getting that case. If it can't I'll be getting the Spigen.
That one looks nice with the clip I just got to see it on their site... Be nicer if it faced in for sure..the lip looks good enough might protect it..

VRSINSTA20 brings it down to $36.80

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Well, I finally got the tracking info. It won't be here until Thursday. I'm impatient.

Does anyone know of a good no root package disabler for Samsung? I looked and nothing jumped out at me.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Well, I finally got the tracking info. It won't be here until Thursday. I'm impatient.

Does anyone know of a good no root package disabler for Samsung? I looked and nothing jumped out at me.
I used one in the day but it's no longer in Google store... Now I just disable some I can't uninstall

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra

The play store and samsung have blocked all except for this one, Package Disabler. It's cloud based and so far it's still working on my Note 20. Bought the regular one from them and it stopped working and they gave me the cloud based version free for one year.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Thanks guys. I figured something was up when I couldn't find one.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
What do you guys think of this app? I think it could have potential. It allows you use any app on the outside screen.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
What do you guys think of this app? I think it could have potential. It allows you use any app on the outside screen.

It looks cool and potentially can improve with keeping security on ...I'm sure they can work on enhancements

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
It looks cool and potentially can improve with keeping security on ...I'm sure they can work on enhancements
It's a good start. I wish you didn't have to turn the phone lock off to use it

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
FedEx strikes again. Maybe the phones will be here today...maybe.