Need Advice about switching from Verizon to T-Mobile

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jan8et, Mar 12, 2014.

1. jan8et

jan8et New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have a Droid X phone which is over 3 years old. It is time to bury it. I have always been with Verizon and currently still have my unlimited data. I am month to month with them. I want to get the LG G2. The only way to do this and stay with Verizon is to buy full retail. I was looking into T-Mobile. They have an unlimited talk, text and data plan. I could pay for the new phone over 24 months and it would still be cheaper than what I am paying Verizon now.

Anyone have experience with T-Mobile to share? Also, I have been using FoxFi to make my phone a mobile hotspot. I've seen that this could be an issue with the LG G2. There is a thread about how to get around this so I'm hoping it won't be a problem.

Thanks

2. dasanman69

dasanman69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think that you'll be able to use FoxFi on T-Mobile. With a 4G unlimited data plan you get a 5GB tethering plan.

3. lloydstrans

lloydstrans Platinum Member

Ratings:
    +1,865
    Their unlimited is on their towers, if you utilize another carriers towers, watch out. Read their fine print.

Sent from my DUM phone using Droid Forums

4. THESHADOW1937

THESHADOW1937 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    T -Mobile works fine for me. Also they have really enhanced their network. The previous poster is correct about using T-Mobile towers though as far as data use.

5. Caesars

Caesars Senior Member

Ratings:
    +115
    I would highly encourage you to check the coverage at tmobiles website. If it works where you live/places you visit often it's a no brainer :)

Note 3 ~ 5s

Search tags for this page

switching from verizon to tmobile

tmobile prepaid hotspot forum

using t-mobile on a verizon droid razr maxx