HelixLauncher2 Uninstall Help

prototype715

Reaction score
This will hopefully be a quick fix for you android geniuses out there.

I installed HelixLauncher 2 on my Galaxy Nexus and it just does not work properly or in my opinion as good as the standard Launcher. My problem is i would like to uninstall it so that everytime i press the home button it does not ask me "which Launcher would i like to use to complete task", but i can't find it anywhere in the phone to do an uninstall.
I searched through all the options on the phone and connected it to my Mac to view the files but it is not saved on the internal storage. I deleted the original file in my downloads folder but that did not uninstall it. Please Help. Thanks.

OP
prototype715

prototype715

Reaction score
It wasn't earlier...but now it is. Heh. Thanks.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This will hopefully be a quick fix for you android geniuses out there.

I installed HelixLauncher 2 on my Galaxy Nexus and it just does not work properly or in my opinion as good as the standard Launcher. My problem is i would like to uninstall it so that everytime i press the home button it does not ask me "which Launcher would i like to use to complete task", but i can't find it anywhere in the phone to do an uninstall.
I searched through all the options on the phone and connected it to my Mac to view the files but it is not saved on the internal storage. I deleted the original file in my downloads folder but that did not uninstall it. Please Help. Thanks.

A tip about this: I understand that you wanted to uninstall this launcher, but if you didn't all you have to do is go to apps/all/ and find the launcher of interest, select it and the press the Clear Defaults button. The when you press the home button a popup will ask which launcher you want to use and do you want it to be the default launcher. Check the default launcher button and select the launcher you want to use. From then pressing the Home key will bring up the new launcher.

Good luck.