helix launcher blows

bloodstains

Reaction score
I didn't like it either. I'm running Ultimate Droid 8.0 with Chevys 1ghz on there and it seemed a tiiiny bit slower, but what really killed it for me was how it looked. Everything on the bottom row looked so crammed together next to the Helix, like the spacing was all off. Probably just my OCD kicking in, but I couldn't deal with it.

I love the normal Launcher2, if only that ran smooth enough to keep around. Invisible left/right apps on that launcher is all I really need.

Rouge

Reaction score
are you guys rooted and overclocked that see no difference? home screens just seemed more laggy for me. also the four bottom icons by the launcher were not very responsive for me.. force closes sometimes...

How many widgets and such do you have on your screens?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm interesting I've never had any problems with HelixLauncher, HelixLauncher2 was kinda iffy for me though it worked but was really slow.

It's not about overclocking either (IMO) as for a time I was running underclocked @ 400mhz with helix launcher and it was fine o_O;

ips

Reaction score
Im rooted and OCd with sg 6 and Im using a skinned helixmod1. Running all 7 screens with tons of widgets and its blazing fast, much snappier than the stock home scren.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
are you guys rooted and overclocked that see no difference? home screens just seemed more laggy for me. also the four bottom icons by the launcher were not very responsive for me.. force closes sometimes...

I am at stock 2.0.1 no root with Helix 1 launcher. No lags. No FC. Works just as fast as the stock launcher with some goodies tossed in - more than three screens, docking apps at the bottom, etc. Loving it so far.

baniels

Reaction score
Helix 1 has been perfect for me. 7 screens, bugless beast, usually clocked at 900.

bristolcat

Reaction score
I am not keen to jump on the fail wagon, but on my non-rooted stock 2.0.1 Droid, I am experiencing some lag, too. The seven screens is worth it though. I'm waiting for the 2.1 upgrade to see what happens with it. I don't have any force closes, FWIW.

jtaliani

Reaction score
I too have had great luck with helix 1. This is with both stock speeds and overclocked to 1.1 Ghz. The results were also the same with stock ROM (not rooted) and Bugless Beast.

R

Romple

I haven't busted out the high speed camera to measure minute amounts lag but running stock w/ 5 screens in H1 has no perceptible lag over the normal home screen.