Helix 2 now working on CM5.0.6.2

stevonyc35

Reaction score
does anyone know if we can change this to five column instead of the 4 column?

bodean

Reaction score
If we have helix 1 running on our CM 5.0.6.2, how do we get the helix2 to run? I am not seeing an option to pick anymore, and not sure where to set default launcher.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just go to the market and install Helix2.

If its already installed but you chose Helix1 as default then press menu, choose Settings, Applications, Manage applications. Press Menu again and choose Filter and then All. Now scroll down to HelixLauncher1 and select it. Click "Clear Defaults".

That or uninstall Helix1 lol

armeddroid

Reaction score
huh..got mine to work.
Like the glass shelf. the 3d app drawer is as responsive as the Clockwork Mod Home Replacement maybe this one is a lil quicker.
I very much like the Hide Notification Bar setting..thats nice..and the hiding icon titles
Overall pretty nice..
Think i will run Helix2 over Helix1 for awhile..see how it goes.
Thanks

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I only wish that I could put a shortcut on my homescreen or down next to the apps tab that would open my notification bar when hidden. I know its only one extra tap but Menu > Notifications is annoying me, I just put my bar back lol

armeddroid

Reaction score
I only wish that I could put a shortcut on my homescreen or down next to the apps tab that would open my notification bar when hidden. I know its only one extra tap but Menu > Notifications is annoying me, I just put my bar back lol

yeah i am feeling that too. But damn, it looks so clean without it.
I have seen some people with a different notification bar? How does one get that to work?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
To get a different one you need to root and install a theme (or a rom that is themed). I'm themed right now:

aba15c82.png

(CyanogenMod 5.0.6.1 w/ Clean Looks theme)

armeddroid

Reaction score
I took mine off. It was lagging so bad, some apps would take forever to activate.
Just got annoyed. Uninstall. :[ i really liked the way it looked too.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm still loving it. The ONLY issue I've encountered is that sometimes the app names become uncentered and cut off in the app drawer. It still scrolls fine and you can go to any app but all the names are screwy. The only way I've fixed it so far was to reboot the phone. But I usually just ignore it since I can find any app by the icon anyway. It MIGHT have something to do with going landscape to portrait and back or something but I'm not sure.

Other then that, its great. Fast, no FCs, no crashes, no reboots, nothing.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm still loving it. The ONLY issue I've encountered is that sometimes the app names become uncentered and cut off in the app drawer. It still scrolls fine and you can go to any app but all the names are screwy. The only way I've fixed it so far was to reboot the phone. But I usually just ignore it since I can find any app by the icon anyway. It MIGHT have something to do with going landscape to portrait and back or something but I'm not sure.

I quick fix for that issue (instead of rebooting the phone) is to hit menu from the homescreen, configure, and then at the bottom there is a restart helix option.

Reaction score

I had the same problems with the app drawer. I found if I open and close the phone a couple times it will reset or if I get a force close from the app drawer and hit the drawer button again it comes back. Small annoyance but it's worth 7 screens.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic just for S's&G's
3d3cebda.png

JhankG, I should have thought of that! I figured I could go into a different Home/Launcher and then kill helix, then go back to it but it was less work to just reboot. Completely forgot about the Restart Helix option! Thanks.