1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Heaphone Button Bound to Voice Commands?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by Skurvy_Pirate, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate New Member

On my original Droid I could pause/play music and media using the button on my headset. Now it seems to be bound to the voice commands and I can't figure out a way to disable it.

Has anyone used a headset yet or seen any way to unbind it from the voice commands? I never use them.

Thanks
  2. jamsesh

jamsesh New Member

Can you clarify a bit? I'm not quite sure what you mean. On my headset, I have separate play/pause/volume buttons for media, and one that's dedicated for calls/voice commands. Are you saying you used to use the same button to do play, pause, and calls?
  3. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate New Member

Yeah my headset only has one button. I used to use one that had two, one for calls and one for playback. But the one I am using currently worked fine for pausing and resuming audio on the OG Droid.
  4. jamsesh

jamsesh New Member

Interesting, one thing to check would be the type of connection it has with your phone. My stereo headset for running says something like "connected to phone media" and has a little stereo icon. All the phone sounds are played through the headset. When I connect the little mono headset in my car, it says something different (sorry, can't remember at the moment), and only has a little mono icon. Only calls get played through that headset, and all other sounds are through the phone speaker. You might check the settings in this section and see if you can force your headset to be a different type of connection?
  5. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate New Member

Are you talking a bluetooth headset? Im just using headphones with an inline mic and a button on it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
  6. jamsesh

jamsesh New Member

Oh!! We were on totally different pages. Unfortunately, I've never messed around with an in-line mic setup so at this point I'm at a loss. Sorry :frown:
  7. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate New Member

I emailed Motorola about it and the service rep says it is because it is not a Motorola headset and that if it WAS a Moto headset to let them know which model and they can assist further. But the same headphones worked on my previous Motorola Droid, so that is BS unless they are intentionally doing it trying to boost their headphone sales, which would also be BS.
  8. jas595

jas595 New Member

my wired headset works

Using poweramp and my headset works perfectly. However, if you don't use Poweramp, holding the button down activates the stupid voice command program (which is terrible btw). Double clicking redials last number. Can't wait til root to uninstall this crappy program. Maybe someone can figure out how to disable the voice command program or maybe a program that can intercept media button presses and divert them to other uses. I was hoping tasker was just such a program, but unfortunately it doesn't work- not high enough priority I think.
  9. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate New Member

I found an app that is working for what I want right now. It isn't perfect, but it will hold me over until we get this thing rooted and I can remove all this crap and change things how I would like them.

It's called Headset Button Controller

[​IMG]

I am using the trial
Search tags for this page
android headset button voice command

disable voice commands droid x2

droid 3 turn off voice command

droid x2 disable voice commands

earbuds droidx2 activates voice commands
headset button controller voice command
headset samsung button voice command disable
how do i disable earphone voice command