1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Headphone Jack automatically activates Voice Commands

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by JudahE, Aug 5, 2012.

1. JudahE

JudahE New Member

This is the weirdest problem. Whenever I have headphones or anything else in the headphone jack of my Droid 3 and I try to play music, it will instead automatically activate Voice Commands, and then automatically try to redial my most recent call a hundred times. It only stops trying to redial and open voice commands when I unplug the headphones. It doesn't just happen when I play music either - I can't even play videos, open a game with sound, or get a text without it going into a voice commands/redialing frenzy. Again, this only happens when I have headphones or a speaker plugged into the headphone jack. It works fine with no headphones.

I've tried restarting it, done a battery pull while the phone is both on and off, gone into my Manage Apps settings and force quit Voice Commands and Music. I really don't know what the problem is. It only started happening since my system update a couple days ago...anyone else having this problem? Is it maybe possible to uninstall or disable Voice Commands? I never use them anyway.

My temporary fix is to plug my Droid into this charging dock I have, and then plug headphones into there.
  2. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Rescue Squad

Hi JudahE and welcome to DF. It is most likely a default setting that has taken effect when you did the system update. The default setting is probably located in settings under "Sound" or under settings for your music player or settings for voice commands.
  3. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to the DROID forums :)
  4. SJBBF

SJBBF New Member

This is exactly what is happening with my phone. Keeps re dialing last number used. I have to clear phone numbers dialed, at the same time it is opening voice commands.
  5. jdathela

jdathela New Member

I'm having the same problem on my Droid Bionic. Very strange.
  6. madmax25

madmax25 New Member

I have the exact same problem which started a couple of weeks ago.

Frustrating as I am an avid runner and love to listen to Pandora when I run.
  7. ralphnf1

ralphnf1 New Member

app to cure the problem

Hi! I have the same problem. The fix is an app called "headset blocker". Apparently the droid can accept some types of input from the headset, but this is prone to malfunction. If you install "headset blocker" from the play store and then activate the block headset function this prevents your droid stop accepting input from your headset. For me this fixed the problem.
Search tags for this page
android disable voice commands

disable voice command android

disable voice commands android
disable voice dialer android
disable voice dialing android
droid x2 disable voice commands
headphones activate voice control
how to disable voice dialer on android

how to stop voice dialer on android

how to turn off voice command on android
how to turn off voice command on droid x2