Headphone 3.5mm Jack issues.

Param

Reaction score
Suddenly my Droid Bionic has very degraded, bad quality coming through the headphones which were working perfectly before. I've tried different headphones. The music quality is suddenly very thin, like its mono, no bass - just degraded quality overall and I've also tried multiple music players as well within the phone.

Another issue that has also started to happen is that whenever I pause the music now and go to the home screen, with my headphone jack plugged in, it activates voice command and keeps placing a call. It does this repeatedly until I take the headphones off.

And yes I've factory reset the phone and still this issue persists. Any ideas?

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I had headphone jack issues for a while on my Bionic. I was days away from returning it, until I found a post on a forum with an easy fix. I put a tiny paper clip down there and pulled out LINT! I then blew out the hole with compressed air, and now my jack works great. Not sure if that'll help you, but try shining a light down there first and see if there's anything, my lint was hard to see but the jack looked obviously different with a light shined on it after the lint was removed. Good luck and be gentle with the paper clip, there are side conductors you don't need to push on.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to be more specific. What have you done to your phone.. Rooted? Roms? Have you dropped it? Has it gotten wit at all.. I wont be able to help unless your a little bit more specific

Sent from my DROID BIONIC