headed to the vzw store to swap my handset, what steps should I take?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
it takes all of 5 minutes to unroot if you're familiar at all with the process... so why not play it safer than sorry and just do it, especially if you're giving the phone back anyway

jomama22

Reaction score
If you have rom manager they have stock images that aren't rooted that you can flash on your droid even while at the store

This is what I did and it took 5 min. Just make sure to make a backup first

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I've had a few defective phones swapped out in the last 7 years... In my experience they don't even look that hard... Especially since this is a physical problem... I'd bet the farm they take one look and immediately hand you your replacement. I'm not seeing the Verizon tech having the knowhow or the time to make the "rooted+overclock+heat=keyboard falling apart" connection....

jomama22

Reaction score
I actually had a ***** from verizon not swap or my phone when the headphone jack waa broken. She lifteraly grabbed her headphones and
Tried to tell me it was fine. When I showed her that if you turned it at all it cracked she said "You shouldn't move it when listening"

So yes, they can be ****ing jackasses

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

techguru

Reaction score
What the heck?

Refurbs are practically brand new phones with all the accessories? Badass.

The few refurbs I have gotten over the years were just the bare phone. No charger, no battery, one didn't even have the back. They have all been in perfect condition and working order though.

Alan

aldaudio

Reaction score
let us know how the unrooting/replacement goes.

my phone is having the same issue (happened before i rooted). i took it the vzw store and the support guy said it was a common issue, and if it continued to bug me i could have it replaced. i didnt really want to re-do everything on my phone, so i let it slide.

now that im rooted, im thinking about making a backup for the root so i can return it and get a refurb where the keyboard isnt so loose.

kristoff125

Reaction score

my phone is having the same issue (happened before i rooted). i took it the vzw store and the support guy said it was a common issue, and if it continued to bug me i could have it replaced. i didnt really want to re-do everything on my phone, so i let it slide.

now that im rooted, im thinking about making a backup for the root so i can return it and get a refurb where the keyboard isnt so loose.

Just make a backup, and when you get the refurb use your current SD card, you won't lose anything.

aldaudio

Reaction score

Just make a backup, and when you get the refurb use your current SD card, you won't lose anything.

yeah, thats what i was thinking. i never thought of doing a backup until i started the root process. thats whats making me think of taking it back to the store.