Hdmi

OP
C

Chancedog

Reaction score
Me too. Anyone with a good website that could post or pm the web address would be appreciated. This would be most helpful for my Droid.

ecfiffer

Reaction score
just bought that app for my wifes phone. :) kinda bumbed because i thought about deving an app just like this. m'eh oh well. guess i could still do it and give gman some friendly comp.

Wnclivin

Reaction score
just bought that app for my wifes phone. :) kinda bumbed because i thought about deving an app just like this. m'eh oh well. guess i could still do it and give gman some friendly comp.

Better yet, how about you and gman team up to improve this app for everyone? Last I read he's having trouble outputting to dual displays and managing the overlay on the X screen. Perhaps y'all can share information and get this app working flawlessly :)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was looking for the Real Hdmi app, but its not on the market. Is there any other way to actually use the HDMI input, or does anybody know where I can get the app?

Technoman

Reaction score
I was looking for the Real Hdmi app, but its not on the market. Is there any other way to actually use the HDMI input, or does anybody know where I can get the app?

It is actually an output... and you can use it from the gallery. When attached to a television, and with the gallery active there is an icon. You click that icon and your photo's or videos that were recorded on your phone now are on your TV.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want to be able to use the output on my phone as a monitor for movies and stuff. Not just photos I have saved.

Technoman

Reaction score
I want to be able to use the output on my phone as a monitor for movies and stuff. Not just photos I have saved.

You can, but only video's you recorded with the phone camcorder APP (anyway with the native HDMI function).

GmanApps

Reaction score
It must have been pulled because it's evil

Wow, the stuff people came up with.
I pulled it from the market because there is a critical display bug in the droidx since the 2.2 ota update which I have documented on the motorola forums:
https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/38053
Any use of the hdmi port on the droidx after the update runs the risk of freezing up the phone and requiring the user to pull the battery. Doesn't matter if you are just using the gallery app our my real hdmi program.
Am working with motorola to help them duplicate the bug so they can fix it. Its a bug in the phones linux kernel that can't new worked around. Which is discussed in the thread someone had linked in a message farther up the thread.

Sent from my DROIDX

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It must have been pulled because it's evil

Wow, the stuff people came up with.
I pulled it from the market because there is a critical display bug in the droidx since the 2.2 ota update which I have documented on the motorola forums:
https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/38053
Any use of the hdmi port on the droidx after the update runs the risk of freezing up the phone and requiring the user to pull the battery. Doesn't matter if you are just using the gallery app our my real hdmi program.
Am working with motorola to help them duplicate the bug so they can fix it. Its a bug in the phones linux kernel that can't new worked around. Which is discussed in the thread someone had linked in a message farther up the thread.

Sent from my DROIDX

yea sounds evil :icon_ banana:

just messin gman im glad to see ur a devoted dev who values his customers. Im in no rush to get it back (well kinda, but i can wait :) )

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
I was so excited about this Froyo update thinking that HDMI meant true HDMI, and that I would be able to plug my phone into my HDTV and watch youtube videos or any video using the web browser. how disappointed I was to discover that you could only watch home-made videos through the gallery.

I'm still pleased with some other updates with the new OS, especially the overall better battery performance, but was totally disillusioned with the HDMI.