Hdmi

Chancedog

Reaction score
Is the HDMI output useless? What if I wanted to play a youtube video or some other live stream video on my tv? Can it be done?:icon_ banana:

scarmack

Reaction score
i was looking forward to hdmi input rather than output, so i can use my DSLR to take some photos and view them on the X but it cant be done :(

output...ummmm. useless? no. but i think you have to have the files in your gallery? so youtube wouldnt work unless you download the files onto your card. dont quote me

OP
C

Chancedog

Reaction score
Thanks

Good info, maybe that is what I am missing. I try to stream and does not work, so I will save to my gallery. THX
:icon_ banana:

psychre

Reaction score
A Rep at my local store said he thought the HDMI Output was for Gallery Only, Vids and Pics and that sort. You wouldn't be able to use ur tv like a Monitor for surfing.

Any owners have input?

OP
C

Chancedog

Reaction score
So how about the blockbuster application or one of the movie sites? Wow, that is a huge blow if you can't download and hook the Droid to a tv and watch it. the I-phone can. Yikes!:icon_eek:

littleowl

Reaction score
I have not done much testing but from what I have seen in the 5 min I played with it psychre is correct.
TV said I didn't have signal until I went into the gallery. Everything in the gallery ran on the TV just fine. I have not tried the blockbuster but have wondered about it myself.

bamfcoletrain

Reaction score
So how about the blockbuster application or one of the movie sites? Wow, that is a huge blow if you can't download and hook the Droid to a tv and watch it. the I-phone can. Yikes!:icon_eek:

The iphone aint 720P high definition output, and moreover, it doesn't have blockbuster! Apple would never let an app compete with the iTunes store.

OP
C

Chancedog

Reaction score
Yeah, so? I agree, however, the I phone appears to be much easier to plug and play than the Droid on some levels. That is all I am saying.

bamfcoletrain

Reaction score
Yeah, so? I agree, however, the I phone appears to be much easier to plug and play than the Droid on some levels. That is all I am saying.

I don't really see what you're saying here. In fact, the droid X has a very standardized mini-HDMI to HDMI cable, which includes both audio and video in one cable, and the iPhone has a component cable with 5 separate plugs, which connects to the iPhne via its non-standard specialized 25 pin connector.

It makes only logical sense that the droid X is in reality more "Plug and Play" than the iPhone.

Wnclivin

Reaction score
My wife and I regularly watch movies we download (already in mp.4 format at VGA resolution) from a website. Most actually look great, albeit slightly grainy and pixelated at times. The audio is usually very good as it is obtained from a 3.5mm plug purposed for assisting the hearing-impaired.

I remember reading that the X would not play copy-protected content, so I was relieved to be able to play these movies and tv episodes. Yes it plays slideshows, pictures, and videos from the gallery VERY well. I'm especially impressed with the HD video recording quality, and the ease and quality of playback over a large monitor using HDMI.

No Blockbuster can't be outputted, neither can Youtube. In the future, custom roms and or kernals could change this and give us complete access to the port the way it should have been to begin with.

How sick would it be to blutletooth a Wii controller and play Quake 3 on a huge tv with the X! Software can always change, at least we have the hardware to support these things.

OP
C

Chancedog

Reaction score
Thanks, that is some really good information you have posted! I truly appreciate you help.

When you download, must you save it you your gallery?

Wnclivin

Reaction score
Nope, I just put them on the storage card and they get recognized as gallery media. They'll even play just fine from my downloads folder.

littleowl

Reaction score
Wnclivin If you have a free min can you PM where you get your movies from. The places I get mine I have to change them over to an MP4 in order to load them on my phone.