Hdmi

chs200123

Reaction score
Appbucket is largely a collection of pirated apps. They make a good show like they are legit but they dont honor dmca take down notices and are basically stealing money from devs. Version of real hdmi that is up there is a hacked/pirated version.

Sent from my DROIDX

Thats what happens when something desirable from a consumer is somehow made artificially unavailable. No different GMAN giving DroidX users something verizon/Motorola artificially crippled.

GMAN should re-release it and ignore non-droidx users who installed something that said "Droid X users only".

GmanApps

Reaction score
Appbucket is largely a collection of pirated apps. They make a good show like they are legit but they dont honor dmca take down notices and are basically stealing money from devs. Version of real hdmi that is up there is a hacked/pirated version.

Sent from my DROIDX

Thats what happens when something desirable from a consumer is somehow made artificially unavailable. No different GMAN giving DroidX users something verizon/Motorola artificially crippled.

GMAN should re-release it and ignore non-droidx users who installed something that said "Droid X users only".

Appbucket had been pirating my app long before I started doing limited distribution of real hdmi.

Motorola appears to be getting ready to release the kernel fixes that should fix the "m" freezes on boot which is the same bug that has been causing display to freeze when hdmi is disabled. When they get the patches released will put app back on the market for good.

Motorola never really crippled anything. The fact is that android 2.x inability to handle dual displays natively and the omap processor inability to drive dual displays at the same time made motorola make a choice in what functionality would work for the largest audience. As most people know the usability of " hdmi on" all the time can be challenging and not always user friendly. The limitations in the hardware and os meant that the platform would never really ever support hdmi like we would all like it to no matter what motorola would have decided to do once omap processor was chosen. Real hdmi is just my attempt to do the best we can with the hardware and os we have.

Sent from my DROIDX

swallman

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

Appbucket had been pirating my app long before I started doing limited distribution of real hdmi.

Motorola appears to be getting ready to release the kernel fixes that should fix the "m" freezes on boot which is the same bug that has been causing display to freeze when hdmi is disabled. When they get the patches released will put app back on the market for good.

Motorola never really crippled anything. The fact is that android 2.x inability to handle dual displays natively and the omap processor inability to drive dual displays at the same time made motorola make a choice in what functionality would work for the largest audience. As most people know the usability of " hdmi on" all the time can be challenging and not always user friendly. The limitations in the hardware and os meant that the platform would never really ever support hdmi like we would all like it to no matter what motorola would have decided to do once omap processor was chosen. Real hdmi is just my attempt to do the best we can with the hardware and os we have.

Sent from my DROIDX

Just so I understand more fully - is that why you when you output via HDMI you can't see what is happening on the phone screen at the same time ?

Any suggestions as to how to make it easier to figure out where you are on the screen when using Real HDMI ? I always have to sort of "guess" where I am on the screen (sometimes I guess correctly and sometimes not LOL).

Guitar4Him

Reaction score
The key to being able to handle the "screen freeze" is to understand how to set the app up so that the tilt function is operational. Once you get it working, using the app is a breeze.

In a nutshell, you can set the app up so that once it's connected to your video display and enabled you can flip the phone over so the display is facing the floor and it will toggle the display back to the phone. Then, you flip the phone back over, hit the "Home" key, pull up whatever video app you want to use, start the video and flip the phone back over so the display is facing the floor. This toggles the display back to your video display.

Initially, I was quite frustrated with the app....trying to figure out how to hit a "phantom" point on the screen to start an app or video. Now it's a no-brainer.

BTW...I have the Slingplayer app on my X and it plays on my 55" screen nicely. It doesn't fill the screen but it's about 75%.

Another nice feature....I don't have Direct TV but I have the NFL app. If a Thursday game ever comes on that I want to see, I can fire up the NFL app (pay the 1-day VZAcess charge...GRRRRR) and watch the game on my 55" flat-panel.....sweet!!!

Throckmorton

Reaction score
not sure how to down load realhdmi app from UploadCity and then get it on my Droid x. a little walk through would help......

Last edited:

Kerchak

Reaction score
Does real hdmi sill have a bunch of issues with it freezing and locking up your phone? The only fix for that was to remove the battery and it was really annoying.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Throckmorton

Reaction score
real hdmi

If you have downloaded the latest Droid x updates it should be fine.

however the real hdmi app is'nt on the Market any more so I'm looking for it in other places. need help with where and how to download it and get it installed on my x.......

Kerchak

Reaction score
I have the older version I think. When it would still lock up my phone. I don't recall downloading an update for it and if its off the market then I can no longer get that either. I may have gotten the update at some point when my phone gave me like 20 different updates for all my apps and just don't remember it being one of them. I'll just have to test it when I get home. Thanks for the quick reply.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

freeformlaw

Reaction score
There is no HDMI available for the fascinate the only phones on the market for Verizon is the Droid x

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

jglazer63

Reaction score
I know this is a common question, but on November 26th 2010, where can I get this app? I cannot find it anywhere. Lot of discussions and what-not but no where to download. I don't mind testing a beta app but how do I get ahold of it?

Throckmorton

Reaction score
Realhdmi is back

Real hdmi is back in the market. You can download it there.. Surprise - the price went up from $1.99 to $3.90 Still worth the cost to have that feature.

The bug is still there, however the next system update should solve that. We'll see........

dancedroid

Last edited:

rjcapp

Reaction score
Has anyone else tried to view hbo go our nfl mobile on their tv using hdmi out? Youtube works but I get errors when trying to mirror hbo go to my tv. It tells me to disconnect the cable and retry. My guess is that it is not supported....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rjcapp

Reaction score
Thanks

Is this an issue with the applications or is it a bionic issue?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums