HDMI won't shut off after using lapdock 100

dee_p

Reaction score
I bought the lapdock 100 on Thursday and on Sunday it nearly burned up my phone, it overheated the phone so badly that I had to use a towel to disengage. Now the phone won't shut off the hdmi, keeps thinking it still on that connection and the screen keeps popping up and won't let me answer the phone most time. The lapdock itself won't recognize the phone at all now and it is going back, but now my phone is doing some major oddities. Camera won't render, hdmi screen blocks phone usage, screen won't shut down on timeout especially when charging, and contact big red because the sim card error. They are aware of that last one. Before the lapdock I had no major complaints about the phone except the sim card error and battery life.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Bring the phone and the dock back. It sounds like the dock damaged the phone.

OP
D

dee_p

Reaction score
Yes, it's quite a nuisance with the hdmi being on blocking many incoming phone calls with the screen pop up and the screen time outs. The lapdock is going back at V's expense but have not heard about warranty exchange on my phone yet, which to me is a shame that I have to receive a used or refurbished unit when the phone is not even 30 days old.

OP
D

dee_p

Reaction score
Did a factory reinstall and Hdmi is still there, has to be a physical issue. Thanks, they are sending another out under the mfg. warranty.