HDMI/MHL Output

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by RezoundHound, Dec 25, 2011.

1. RezoundHound

RezoundHound New Member

Has anyone used the HDMI/MHL Output to watch movies on an HDTV? I just connected mine and the picture is pretty awesome. You'll need an adapter like the ones below. The HTC one includes an HDMI cord. The package is about $50 (including shipping from the UK). If you already have an HDMI cord, you don't need another one. Besides, why pay their super inflated prices? I bought the adapter below for $9.50 including free shipping. It works perfectly. Playback is silky smooth, no stuttering what so ever, and the resolution is up-converted. I've tried this with a Droid X and Droid X2 and always had problems with playback, and those phones have a direct Micro HDMI output. Not so with the Rezound. So if any of you are into downloading movies, the Rezound will play them flawlessly.

I haven't even gotten around to playing any 1080p HD movies shot with the built-in camcorder. I can just imagine what they'll look like.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

HTC Sensation XE MHL Cable AC M490 - The Official HTC Accessory Store - United Kingdom

RH
  2. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Member

Just got the HDMI out cable and 32gb card in the mail Saturday and should be getting the phone and extended battery tomorrow. Without HDMI out that would've been a deal breaker for me. I'm anxious to test it out.
  3. gerrya

gerrya New Member

I just got this one from Monoprice MHL adapter works great. You just need the standard Micro USB cable to plug into the adapter cause the one that came with Rezound is the larger one. I have to hook it back up, cause I'm curious if you can have the phone screen off and still display on the TV? Anyone try that?
  4. RezoundHound

RezoundHound New Member

5. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Member

I just got the cable and tried it. I got great pictures/videos but NO sound! What's wrong with this picture?
  6. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

arc HDMI cable? Not all HDMI cables transfer audio

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  7. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Member

That's strange because when I plug in my Nikon D5100 into the same HDMI cable, I get sound and video.
  8. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

then its probably an arc cable. Hmmm...maybe a defective adapter.

Sound should work

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  9. jaymac8888

jaymac8888 New Member

Will this work with the slingbox app? With NFL Mobile? Or any other streaming video? Thanks.
  10. RezoundHound

RezoundHound New Member

It should. Once you connect the cables, the phone automatically detects an output via HDMI and displays the pic on your TV. It even shows your home screens and anything else you do on the phone. Whatever you do on your phone is mirrored on your HDTV. Both display simultaneously.

RH
  11. jaymac8888

jaymac8888 New Member

Sounds good. I've always read speculation about the fact that companies like Netflix, Slingbox, etc., somehow block the ability to output their content from a smartphone to an HDTV via HDMI. I've just never heard or seen actual real world proof if this is actually the case.

My ultimate goal is to put a TV outside, hook it up to my smart phone with the slingplayer app running and watch tv while I barbecue. Still not sure if thats possible. Lol.
Search tags for this page
apk mhl
apk mhl hdmi
galaxy s3 mhl settings
mhl android apk

mhl apk

mhl droid x2 setup
mhl no sound

mhl output

mhl to hdmi no sound
mhl to hdmi on slingbox
mhl.apk