RezoundHound

Reaction score
OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I'll get new HDMI cables today and hope that fixes the problem.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
LOL..gotcha..well, problem solved. After spending another $50-60 on new HDMI cables and a new converter, it STILL didn't work. The only possibility I was left with was the port on the phone itself. I was able to wiggle it back and forth a little when there was a plug in it and that pretty much confirmed it. It was the phone. Since it's Saturday, I call up customer service and, after agreeing to replace the phone, they said they'd call one of the VZW stores I first stopped at (they wouldn't do an in-house exchange). C.S. assured me they called the store and it was ok to exhange. I drive to the store and they won't exchange it...store policy. I won't repeat the conversation that took place after that but the vzw kid agreed to call tech support. They talked. Then I talked to C.S. and they said they couldn't force them to do it. I told them there was another store about 3 miles from this one. C.S. called them and they agreed to the switch. The new store did the thing but wanted to charge me a $35 restocking fee. I told you "you have to be f*******g kidding me. I've only had this 10 days. It broke down. Now you want to charge ME to pay you to put another one on the shelf? Good luck". No charge. An hour later, I got home and plugged it in and, VOILA. It worked. Picture and sound. Now (after I cool down from the experience, I'm sure to be a happy camper...that is after another couple of hours getting all my apps and bookmarks and everything else back in place. Not been a pretty picture but, in the end, it works.

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Glad to hear it's now working, but that concerns me. You don't want to have an intermittent problem later down the line. If it acts up one more time I would insist on a replacement. You may do better dealing directly with Verizon.

On the topic of HDMI cables, read the links below. You'll probably feel nauseous if you just spent a ton of money on a high priced HDMI cable. There is absolutely no difference in audio or video quality between budget and premium cables. Some have a more heavy duty construction, but the audio and video quality is no better. The one below is only $2.99 with free shipping. The same goes for adapters. I bought the one below for $9.50 and it works perfectly. Don't feel bad. I fell for this scam myself when I first bought my HDTV. Now, I know better.

NEW HDMI CABLE 6FT V1.4 1080P ETHERNET BLURAY 3D TV DVD PS3 HDTV XBOX LCD LED HD | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150669794961?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Why all HDMI cables are the same | Crave - CNET

Why all HDMI cables are the same, part 2 | TV and Home Theater - CNET Reviews

RH

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Oh I did insist on a replacement and they did replace it with a brand new one. I had to go to a couple of VZW stores to find one that would (because I bought it online the first store wouldn't do a replacement). You're right on the cables. The only reason I payed a premium price was I wanted the phone replaced that day if new cables wouldn't do the job so I couldn't wait to order them online. Next time I definitely will. But in the end, the HDMI out works really great. I'm lovin' this phone.