HD video on the Incredible?

SamiSmells

Reaction score
Will this new 2.2 update come with the 720P HD video like the Droid X has? Also, will it have that new blockbuster app as well as the ability to connect my phone to the t.v. to play H.D. video? what else should i be expecting with this update

Sorry if these are stupid questions

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
By no means stupid questions. The 720p can actually be had by updating your radio to 2.05. That can be done without rooting. I don't believe the Inc actually has an HD out like the Droid X IIRC. I haven't heard final word on the Blockbuster part yet.

OP
S

SamiSmells

Reaction score
i looked into the steps it takes to update to the new radio, and they seem too complicated for me (im not very tech savvy). Should i just wait until verizon releases the 2.2 update for my phone? will it have the same upgrades?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
It really isn't as bad as it seems. Check out this thread and see if it makes more sense. I've got a lot of people, shoot me included, that originally weren't going to mess with the phone. Then jumped to doing the radio. Then to rooting. I have done all of the above and haven't looked back. As long as you read carefully and aren't afraid to ask questions, you should be fine.

Update Radio to Newest Version (does NOT require root)

OP
S

SamiSmells

Reaction score
After looking at the steps, ive realized theyre too much for me. Will the new 2.2 update for the incredible give me the same updates? cuz im just gona wait for that.

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
HD to tv

when you say 2.2 will handle everything but the HD to tv, does that mean it will eventually be able to film in HD and save those files for export, just not hook them directly up to a tv because of the output? I would be totally happy with that, as long as I can eventually take HD video...

I have the inc and my bf has the X and DAMN are his videos incredible...the film he takes is 100 times better than my own vision!

fotc

Reaction score
when you say 2.2 will handle everything but the HD to tv, does that mean it will eventually be able to film in HD and save those files for export, just not hook them directly up to a tv because of the output? I would be totally happy with that, as long as I can eventually take HD video...

I have the inc and my bf has the X and DAMN are his videos incredible...the film he takes is 100 times better than my own vision!
when the droid incredible finally gets froyo you WILL be able to record videos in 720p.