Having Application Installation Issues

mgeringer

Reaction score
I am trying to get both Angry Birds Lite -Beta as well as download my newly purchased Fruit Ninja game.

Both games download completely, then fail to install. I was running Liquid Frozen ROM, and Lithium Mod before that, but reverted to a stock build to try and see if the ROM's were causing any issues with the market.

Even with the stock rom (with superuser), I am unable to get the applications to successfully install.

Has anyone had these issues? I'd really like some new games to play.

ExtremeT

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes Google knows about the issue. It's happening because some developers have recently decided to install from the market right to your SD Card and in turn it can cause this problem to happen.

The developer from MiniSquadron has figured out a possible workaround:

"On your sd card, locate and delete the file ...android_secure/smdl2tmp1.asec (this is a temporary file and won't harm your phone to remove it). Then redownload/reinstall the app - it *should* now work fine."

You can also try un-mounting or removing you microSD card during the installation process which should force an install to the internal memory.

We wrote about it over at DroidGamers Here but I'll make an official post here as well for everyone (once I figure out how).

There is also an Android Market support thread about it.