Angry birds wont install...

nick1020

Reaction score
Since I installed the rom, angry birds will not install. I tried all three (original, holiday, and lite)

They download fine but as soon as installation begins it immediately says installation unsuccessful. When it failed yesterday it said something like failed error 81 or 80something, but now it doesnt say that.

Is there something stupid im missing?

All other apps and games install perfect.

best rom ever though.....

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Since I installed the rom, angry birds will not install. I tried all three (original, holiday, and lite)

They download fine but as soon as installation begins it immediately says installation unsuccessful. When it failed yesterday it said something like failed error 81 or 80something, but now it doesnt say that.

Not sure if this will help, but I had the same thing happen, and it turned out to be that on a previous rom, it was installed to the sdcard. Somehow that caused a problem when trying to re-install it on a fresh rom.

I had to format my sdcard to get it to work again. After backing up my important stuff of course.

OP
N

nick1020

Reaction score

Not sure if this will help, but I had the same thing happen, and it turned out to be that on a previous rom, it was installed to the sdcard. Somehow that caused a problem when trying to re-install it on a fresh rom.

I had to format my sdcard to get it to work again. After backing up my important stuff of course.

It worked great! Thanks for the help, im so relieved that it wasnt the rom

SyNiK4L

Reaction score
For anyone that has this problem again just take out the sdcard and reboot ur phone without it and install. It worked for me. Then once installed put the card back in

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spunk0164

Reaction score
If apps can't install, try this

One of my coworkers is an Angry Birds freak. But she wasn't able to download/update any version of Angry Birds (regular, seasons, rio). She would download the app or update - and then get a "cannot install" error message.

After a lot of rooting around, we finally figured out a fix. After trying all of the tried and true stuff (e.g. clear cache, reboot, etc.), this worked. Got this off of another forum (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=809413&page=6), posted by fua1:

I had the "Install Unsuccessful" and "App not installed" errors, then found the solution in this thread:
Angry Birds Full Game is available - xda-developers

Essentially, you need to remove this file:
/mnt/secure/asec/smdl2tmp1.asec

Basically, plug in the phone via USB cable. Look for this file once the PC recognizes the phone as an external drive. Remove this temp file installed on the SD card. Voila. Problem solved. And, yes, she was DAMNED happy dancedroid

TowNater

Reaction score
Just go to settings and unmount sdcard, then install. Works every time.

spunk0164

Reaction score

My friend tried this - and for whatever reason, it didn't work. That being said, I definitely recommend trying this first before looking for and deleting the file referenced above - it's a lot easier and no USB cables are involved. :)

spunk0164

Reaction score
One of my coworkers is an Angry Birds freak. But she wasn't able to download/update any version of Angry Birds (regular, seasons, rio). She would download the app or update - and then get a "cannot install" error message.

After a lot of rooting around, we finally figured out a fix. After trying all of the tried and true stuff (e.g. clear cache, reboot, etc.), this worked. Got this off of another forum ("Application Not Installed" when installing Angry Birds - Page 6 - xda-developers), posted by fua1:

I had the "Install Unsuccessful" and "App not installed" errors, then found the solution in this thread:
Angry Birds Full Game is available - xda-developers

Basically, plug in the phone via USB cable. Look for this file once the PC recognizes the phone as an external drive. Remove this temp file installed on the SD card. Voila. Problem solved. And, yes, she was DAMNED happy dancedroid

Holy freaking crap thank you so much.

You're welcome. I don't know what the heck the file is but it seems to be a "not unheard of" problem - I saw it referenced it a bit on the official Android Developer boards and saw this fix referenced in more than one place.

SenKat

Reaction score
[

..................... I don't know what the heck the file is but it seems to be a "not unheard of" problem - I saw it referenced it a bit on the official Android Developer boards and saw this fix referenced in more than one place.

That file seems to be a temp file from downloading - perhaps if those of us who have had this issue were to post their file sizes, we could find out a little bit more ! I was seriously stumped with this problem, did the whole SD card crapola (grin !) but THIS finally worked - and worked first time, too ! :) Thanks for the hint on this one.

FYI - my file size was 8.15 mb, and on an Archos A70-8gb, it was located here :

.android_secure/smdl2tmp1.asec

I actually copied the file out to my PC JUST IN CASE it was the wrong file, since it was not located in the above mentioned path, but I assumed it was a brand/device specific path.

Thanks again !

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
For anyone that has this problem again just take out the sdcard and reboot ur phone without it and install. It worked for me. Then once installed put the card back in

Thank you thank you. Been asking with no luck.

Now, if I'd only read this post too ;)

BTW, man does the phone boot and be ready for use FAST without the card in!

SenKat

Reaction score

Thank you thank you. Been asking with no luck.

Now, if I'd only read this post too ;)

BTW, man does the phone boot and be ready for use FAST without the card in!

I only wish all of that had worked for me ! I had to go in and delete that "offending" file - now, we are a multi-tablet family, and on MY Archos A70, I had no issues installing, and that odd little file was not present on my SD card, either ! SO - I deduce from that (yeah, I just said, "Deduce" ! ) that file muct ONLY be present when the install fails - which is why the removal of the SD card works most of the time ! WHEW ! Brain hurts now.... time to master level 13, game 2-2 !