Have you used this Camera App?

Slammer

Reaction score
So it seems last night that the developers updated PRO Zoom Camera 5X. It is an awesome camera app that I have been using on my Droid for over 6 months.

Just thought I would drop a note to see if anyone else on here loves this camera app as much as I do? PRO Zoom Camera rocks! dancedroid

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have used it and it is pretty cool. In fact I think I bought it but wish i didn't. I agree that it is pretty cool and has neat effects, but I don't like how laggy it is, plus the stock camera is just fine. For effects I just edit the photo afterwards using PicSay Pro because it can do ANYTHING to a photo...

OP
S

Slammer

Reaction score
Hmmm,

I don't get lag at all.

Yes the Camera takes a second to actually snap the photo, but that is the Droid's hardware that is poor, not PRO Zoom Camera. Even the stock app is laggy due to the poor camera hardware on the Droid.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had this for some time and am glad I got it. I use it especially if I need to zoom, but I use the stock app a lot too. Maybe I'll use PRO more since the update.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Used it on my Droid and now on my X....love it

Edi

Reaction score
I've purchased and used it, but have since moved onto Vignette. Pro Camera had a bit of lag and didn't come with too many effects or filters. It's an overall good camera app in general though.

SarahP

Reaction score
Vignette is very very laggy. I think pro zoom actually works a little better. But droid camera still sucks.

OP
S

Slammer

Reaction score
Agree with you Sarahp.

There is only so much the developers can do to improve the slower camera hardware on the older Droid. PRO Zoom seems to have gotten it the best.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
pro zoom on droid x

I agree with you all about the moto droid1 being ok with pic's, but I just moved up to the droidx and also had the droic incredible for a while and let me just say the pics from the droid x stock app leave alot to be improved on. My old 3mp samsung flipshot still took a better pic than the droid x did till I moved on the pro zoom. I dont experience any lag, well anymore lag than the stock app has starting up and focusing and whatknot.

Anyone else notice this about the droid x. I mean its got great hardware why were the stock pics so bad.