Pro Zoom Camera 5x and Gallery problem

MarkB

Reaction score
Anyone else seeing this and/or have a solution?

Whenever I take a pic with the Pro Zoom camera app, it shows up in my gallery as a blank frame. If I touch the frame, the camera tries to open the pic and nothing happens, then the screen goes dark. Navigating to the file in Astro and attempting to open it in Astro viewer, it comes back with invalid file format. And yet if I email the file to my PC, it displays perfectly as a jpg.

I've tried having the Pro Zoom app save the files to the directory it "likes" in preferences, and also to the regular camera directory - both on the SD card of course. Doesn't make a difference.

If I take pics with the stock camera app, they're showing up in the gallery after a delay, but at least they show up!

I've tried battery pulls, rebooting, factory reset, nothing seems to make a difference.

Thanks!

solar

Reaction score
I have noticed similar behaviors with the new 2.1 gallery. I'm not sure if it has to do with the Pro Zoom app or the gallery itself. I'll have to start using the default picture app again to test and see if the behavior is consistent between both camera apps.

Sometimes, I when I look at my gallery pictures, the box for a picture or few will be black, but will open when I click on it. Sometimes, then same picture will be displayed correctly. Other times I have noticed the issue you said where the preview is blank and clicking on it opens up a blank, dark screen. In the only case I noticed that, when I opened it up on my computer, it was corrupted. (It was half of a picture).

There does seem to be a delay with both apps though. I'll have to do more testing, so that I can see if emailing the Pro Zoom dev will even help ( it may not be his app). It is annyoying though. Maybe more people will join in on this so we can get more info.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ran into similar behavior the other day. Didn't have time to investigate and diagnose. I did try using the default camera and it didn't seem to result in the same behavior so I assumed it was a ProCameraZoom problem, but I got distracted and forgot to go back to explore it further.

solar

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems inconsistant. Today I took a handful of pics with Pro Zoom and they al showed up after a minute without the issue....

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was a update today with Pro Zoom; maybe fixing the problem.

madmacabre

Reaction score
Im trying to find this app on the market but all i can find is pro paint camera. boo:mad:

Slammer

Reaction score
If you don't see Pro Zoom Camera 5X in your market, it may mean you do not have paid apps on your phone? Do you have paid applications? Pro Zoom is a paid app.

I updated today and haven't had any troubles with the thumbnail of saved files showing up. I love this app BTW!