Have you tried the Nexus One?

samiusmc

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Nexus One? I'm wondering if its speed is noticeably faster than the Droid. Since it has a 1mhz processor, does it run as fast or faster than the Droid? Does it beat the Droid, and if so, does it beat it when the Droid is overclocked?

Please let me know so I can decide whether to buy one or not. Thanks.

Guchi

Reaction score
i think your going to get a biased opinion from all these moto droid fan boys... J/K
on benchmarkpi i get about equal marks at 950mhz as stock nexus one

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Nexus One? I'm wondering if its speed is noticeably faster than the Droid. Since it has a 1mhz processor, does it run as fast or faster than the Droid? Does it beat the Droid, and if so, does it beat it when the Droid is overclocked?

Please let me know so I can decide whether to buy one or not. Thanks.

1ghz processor.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
You will have to find someone that owns one to actually try it since they are sold via web only.

That might or might not change when it comes to Verizon.

G

gatewayad

I have a friend with one, it is (was) way faster and the animations are very cool. It is a battery hog.
Now I have not tested mine against his since I rooted and OC'D but i am guessing his is still faster.
I like the weight and feel of the Droid his feels light and thin like the Ithingy.
I'm not saying thats a bad thing
But to answer your question that processor and phone is a beast

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score
You will have to find someone that owns one to actually try it since they are sold via web only.

Selling it by Web only is one of the dumbest ideas Google ever had. If it was available for me to see at the store, I wouldn't have to ask my original question about its performance.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who wants to hold and try something before spending over $500.00 on it. We should start a petition or something asking Google to change its policy so we can at least see the phone before having to buy it....I hope it changes when Verizon gets it.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
While we're overclocking to 1GHz or 1.1GHz their overclocking their Nexus Ones to 1.7GHz if that tells you anything!!!

M

Matth3w

The Nexus is bottlenecked with memory not processor though, from what I am reading. I can overclock my home PC from 3 to 4.26gHz but if I'm still using 512mb of RAM my computer is still going to be slow as hell.

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score
The Nexus is bottlenecked with memory not processor though, from what I am reading. I can overclock my home PC from 3 to 4.26gHz but if I'm still using 512mb of RAM my computer is still going to be slow as hell.

I haven't overclocked my PC yet. Can you please tell me what software I should use to overclock my Windows 7 PC running an AMD Turion 2.1 ghz processor. Thanks.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score

Selling it by Web only is one of the dumbest ideas Google ever had. If it was available for me to see at the store, I wouldn't have to ask my original question about its performance.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who wants to hold and try something before spending over $500.00 on it. We should start a petition or something asking Google to change its policy so we can at least see the phone before having to buy it....I hope it changes when Verizon gets it.

Hey now, remember all of the requirements Apple had around the 1st gen iPhone and how you had to purchase with credit card only and the other items. Exclusivity made people want it more.

I'm just sayin...

M

Matth3w

I haven't overclocked my PC yet. Can you please tell me what software I should use to overclock my Windows 7 PC running an AMD Turion 2.1 ghz processor. Thanks.
Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

kaboyd

Reaction score

Hey now, remember all of the requirements Apple had around the 1st gen iPhone and how you had to purchase with credit card only and the other items. Exclusivity made people want it more.

I'm just sayin...
I honestly would have bought an iPhone when it came out if it weren't for that crap. I had At&t anyway, but those restrictions made me tell Apple where they could shove their new phone. I really want to get my hands on an N1 to see the difference, and I'm sure not going to buy one before that happens.

Reaction score
My 30 day trail for my Droid ends around Feb 25th. I'm thinking about getting the Nexus One. I'm thinking about giving my Droid back, going back to my env2, until the Nexus One comes to Verizon, or a better phone overall running Android.

Thing is, I love the Droid. But if Motorola and Google are going to give us these half-assed updates, its turning my passion down. I don't want to be the GBA, when Nintendo DSis are coming out and getting better stuff, if you get the analogy.

Pete, Adam, etc... are doing far way better jobs than these developers at Google are trying to give us at the moment so it seems.

But imagine over-clocking a Nexus One... woah...