so my friend says his Nexus One is superior...

s54

Reaction score
Long story short, he has T-Mobile and the Nexus One. I have Verizon and bought the Droid only a few days ago. His first reaction to the news was that his Nexus One is superior to the Droid in every way. He acts as though his phone is God.

According to him, the Nexus One has a 1 Ghz processor, which he claims is faster than both the iPhone and Droid. But aren't we able to effectively overclock the Droid and run the processor at similar speeds?

Is the Nexus One really that much better?

I'm not trying to stir any controversy or arguments. I guess it would be nice to have some ammunition to fire back at him with :)

iMpathetic

Reaction score
1. Install an ESE53 ROM.
2. Overclock to 1.2GHz.
3. Slide out your keyboard.
4. Make note of the fact that your phone doesn't look like the retarded cousin of the iPhone.
5. Laugh in his face.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Here's the deal. Technically the Nexus1 has a faster processor. This alone does not make it superior, as has been tested in side by side speed tests. The Droid has an underclocked cpu at 550MHz, but it also has a seperate gpu that the N1 lacks. You can root and OC your Droid safely to 1.25GHz. In about a weeks time or so the only thing the N1 will have over the Droid is a stable 3d app drawer, and quite frankly woohoo. At the very least they are of the same caliber, being a Droid owner I do give a slight edge to the Droid though. :icon_ devil:

Cornholieo

Reaction score
Droid is superior

1. Droid has a better touch sensitive screen.
  2. Comes standard with more memory

Droid sales are also hugh where Nexus sales are weak. :icon_ banana:

Root your Droid and get the 2.1 OS and he will have nothing on you, besides having the far weaker phone. :icon_ devil:

brochaos

Reaction score
ask him what his can do that yours can't? sounds like a pretty immature friend. maybe buy him some extenze?

EddieSFL

Reaction score
So, what i get from this is the N1 is better? Can't they overclock the N1 as well?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
So, what i get from this is the N1 is better? Can't they overclock the N1 as well?

Blasphemer!! :icon_ devil: no the N1 is not better. There is nothing the N1 can do that the Droid cannot. They have been tested side by side and the N1 is no faster. As it stands it is a personal descision as to which you prefer for whatever reason, asthetics, having a keyboard, and who made it. Not much else different.

myriad46

Reaction score
Isn't the N1 underclocked, also? And, doesn't the N1 have an AOLED screen, making it a better screen?

It's hard to argue that the N1 does not have slightly better stats than the Droid in almost every department, but that by no means, makes it a "superior" phone.

DroidxRage

Reaction score
N1 has less pixels than the droid

N1 has faster stock processor,but no GPU

Droid can be OC'd to 1.2-1.3GHz depending on the phone

Droid has physical keyboard / N1 doesn't (preference mostly, but some cases the keyboard is better ie; NES gaming)

AMOLED Screen on the N1 is tougher to see in the sun than the Droids also, but is brighter in low light settings

N1 has native 2.1 with 3d app drawer, Droid has 2.0.1 stock (for now), and with a ROM can have everything the N1 has minus the app drawer.

Those are the hard-fact differences that I can see, make your own assumptions on which is better I guess.

CongoJack90

Reaction score
The droid has a higher pixel density than the N1 and the droids screen was shown to have a near perfect balance of contrast while as the N1 made colours a little to dark and the iphone made them too watered down. Sorry I don't have the link to the article.

briankeith513

Reaction score

They have been tested side by side and the N1 is no faster.

This statement is ridiculous. Every review thus far that I've read says that the Nexus One is faster, some say much noticeably faster. I don't even want a Nexus One, but just look at the processor specs would let you know it's at least a little faster.

mikes

Reaction score
i954_pissingcontest.gif

DroidxRage

Reaction score
Brian - your forgetting the Droid has a dedicated GPU, so it should be faster on graphics intensive applications. On a CPU intensive app, stock-to-stock the N1 would win.

That being said, my Droid is running at 1.1Ghz 24/7, so that coupled with my dedicated GPU should topple any stock N1 benchmark.