Have Superuser app, but not showing S-OFF

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I tried rooting my Inc tonight and first unrevoked wouldn't start but ended up getting that figured out. But then it froze after the 2nd reboot, in the restore process I think. Rebooted my phone and checked the app list and Superuser is showing up but S-OFF is not. So I tried doing the entire process again but unrevoked is asking if I have a newer version installed. Do I need to unroot and start from scratch?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have ClockWork recovery? If so you can just flash the s-off through CW, let me know and I'll get ya the .zip

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Do you have ClockWork recovery? If so you can just flash the s-off through CW, let me know and I'll get ya the .zip

I went in to do a factory reset and it said ClockWork recovery. Granted I didn't exactly know what I was doing, but I got to the reset eventually lol

Unfortunately SuperUser is still showing in my apps list. The whole reason I thought I needed to do the reset is because I've begun missing phone calls, emails, etc

I just checked, and HBOOT still says S-ON

Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
public:forever [RootWiki]

Read through that and get the .zip then flash through recovery.

As for superuser app I would just flash a rom with it built in or you can try rerunning the tool to see it fixes both the s-off and superuser.

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Okay so here is my question. If I want to go back to the beginning and have a stock phone, do I need to follow this? I think I'm just too new to try rooting and I really don't want to ruin my phone. I've had hacks for my BlackBerry and iPod Touch in the past, but Android is a little more advanced than I'm used to, so unless someone walks me through every little thing, I think I'm better off just dealing with the phone stock lol

Unless of course, this is able to get me rooted quickly, so I can get rid of the unwanted stock apps :-D (yes, I am impatient, but I'm female, give me a break lol)

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm confused. Are you rooted right now and want to unroot? Follow the link in my signature. Or do you want to root easily? Follow the other link in my signature. Females can do this just as well as men- I promise!

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That's the whole thing. I don't know if I am rooted or not. I have the Superuser app, but in the tutorial it says the HBOOT screen should say S-OFF, and it doesn't. So I tried to re-run unrevoked and it gives me an error saying my software could be too new, or something along that line.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I have not, no. I do have it bookmarked though.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Download http://downloads.unrevoked.com/forever/current/unrevoked-forever.zip somewhere you will remember and transfer it to the root of your SD card (not in any folders).

Go to recovery by powering on while holding the volume down button and select recovery (you may have to choose bootloader first; select option by pressing power button). Scroll down to choose install zip from SD card, select it by hitting the main button, find the unrevoked-forever.zip, select it, and let it do its thing.

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
yay, it worked finally!!

Now I just need to figure out where to go from here lol. I know I'd like to get rid of the apps I know I'll never use, but other than that I'm not sure.

Suggestions?

Thank you so much!

cw666

Reaction score
S-ON still showing

I used unrevoked 3.32 to root my HTC Wildfire running 2.1 eclair an did the whole process sucessfully but still shows S-ON in the hboot menu even though i have superuser permission app an clockwork menu installed by unrevoked and working perfectly.

I even tried installing the update zip file in clockwork mod menu using install zip from sdcard an rebooted still no luck, i then downloaded unrevoked forever zip an moved it to main sdcard screen not in any folder an tried installing using install from sdcard in clockwork mod an it says failed, rebooted still not working.

My conclusion im stuck with S-ON in my hboot menu on HTC Wildfire must not work for this model phone.

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used unrevoked 3.32 to root my HTC Wildfire running 2.1 eclair an did the whole process sucessfully but still shows S-ON in the hboot menu even though i have superuser permission app an clockwork menu installed by unrevoked and working perfectly.

I even tried installing the update zip file in clockwork mod menu using install zip from sdcard an rebooted still no luck, i then downloaded unrevoked forever zip an moved it to main sdcard screen not in any folder an tried installing using install from sdcard in clockwork mod an it says failed, rebooted still not working.

My conclusion im stuck with S-ON in my hboot menu on HTC Wildfire must not work for this model phone.

This would be better if posted in the HTC Wildfire section as this area is for the HTC Incredible.