Have an iPhone, thinking about a Samsung S4, what do I need to know?

Holyeffenwow

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 5
Ambrown,

WOW! That is an amazing list. I really appreciate you spending the time writing all that out. It is a big help and a huge time-saver for me. Plus it makes me feel more comfortable making the switch to Android.

Since I have an iPhone 4, I don't have Siri, so that is not a loss to me. Plus I have used Vlingo on my iPhone.

Again, thank you for the great amount of information. I hope to pick up my S4 this evening.

The S4 comes with Svoice which from what I can tell from playing with my kids iphone 5 is very similar to siri and works well

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

ambrown

Reaction score
The S4 comes with Svoice which from what I can tell from playing with my kids iphone 5 is very similar to siri and works well

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

From what I've seen S-Voice isn't even close to Siri. But hey, that's what's great about Android; you can use the stock apps that come with the phone, or you can use third party apps if you prefer something different.

Caesars

Reaction score
Personally I think the voice controls on all platforms need some major work. The only thing I can reliably use them for is setting alarms and navigation startups.

GS4/iPhone5

D

dappwl

Thanks for all the information collected in this post, it is very useful.
Personally, I believe it is very difficult to grasp the differences. You just need to try it out!

I've seen tech-savvy people loving the change from iOS to Android, but I've seen (even some of the same) people change from Android to iOS and say: "wow, it's so much easier".

It depends on your personal tastes, but I say Android all the way :)