Votes: 0 0.0%
  • macbook/imac

• apple 2e

• Total voters

debdroid1a

Reaction score
The BIGGEST boat I think Android is missing is the ability to support 3rd party hardware. With Apples proprietary connector it allows you to do so much more with after market equipment. Between docks, radios, car mounts, etc it doesn't matter where I am, I will always have a way to listen to my iPods. I wish I was able to walk up to a Bose radio and drop my Droid in the dock and hit play. Unfortunately with the USB connection, I dont know if that will ever happen.
Well most of these 3rd party hardware aren't made by apple. So it's not Verizons or Moto's fault there aren't many docks. Even with my Sandisk Fuze MP3 player (that I ony use at night to fall asleep to currently) has almost nothing on the market, I had to find online a docking station (with no speakers).

I don't own an Apple product. Never have. When I was looking for an MP3 (my env2 phone just didn't cut it for music) I didn't want an Apple product. I looked at them, but just couldn't justify the cost for the brand name. I found out my Fuze was the better deal then my coworkers iPod that was the same size, idea, etc. Except mine had a memory card slot, FM radio, voice recording... her's didn't. And I could use a variety of ways to transfer music and then transfer to my home netbook if I wanted to listen on that.

To transfer music to my droid, I've used Windows Media Player, rip and sync. For playlists I find the free version of Media Monkey sufficient.

If you have never owned an iPod then you have no basis for comparison. And you can't possibly have a straight face you compare your Fuze with an iPod/iPhone. Before I broke down and picked up my first iPod I went through a number of MP3 players. I thought the same thing, who is Apple to charge the prices they charge. After being disappointed in one way or another with all the devices I picked up a used iPod online. After a month of using it I went out and picked up a new one. I was that impressed.
And if you are happy using two or three pieces of software to do what iTunes will do for free, feel free to do so.
I did compare. I said I looked at them (which I probably should have made clearer, meant I compared before buying and looked at my coworkers after buying). And at other MP3 products too. Just because I haven't bought everything in the world, doesn't mean I can't make a intelligent decision based on my opinion and needs about what I choose to buy.

I've saw my coworker (when we had open offices and I could see her computer screen) spend hours putting album art on her iTunes, how she spent hours setting up playlists, spent hours just trying to get it correct (yes it took her weeks to do--she's a fast and efficient worker with time left on her hands). Then how the IT Tech said that her computer was messed up because of iTunes (same with 3 other ladies). How one lady couldn't access her iTunes because she couldn't remember her password. How iPod changed designs quickly and they had to pay for new updates on new devices. I got firmware updates on mine free on the same device and they actually listened to us users wanted.
So yes I have compared.

I don't have to use 2 programs for my Fuze, I could just use WMP, but I have Media Monkey because it does podcasts, which I used for my Fuze, that's why I have it. WMP doesn't do podcasts. I found it eaiser to do playlists and even put music on my Fuze at the time. WMP just works better for me to rip music from CD's. Then it's just eaiser to sync to my devices if I choose to do so immedately.
Originally I just copied the music from my computer to my Droid's card.
Then since I knew MM was good for me to make playlists, I used that for my Droid's playlists.
Last week I used WMP for rip and immedate sync to my Droid. Easy for me.
I like having these options then just one program.... copy paste... MM... WMP... or whatever else I choose to use, or all of them.

myztery

Reaction score
F--K Apple!

I own an Ipod that has collected dust since the year it was purchased. It is a 30gb Ipod 3rd generation. The battery died after a few months and I was not offered a replacement or anything. I had a co-worker who experienced the same problem, so we purchased batteries from another company,... which lasted about another few months. Around that time Apple came out and acknowledged that they had battery issues and offered $50 towards the purchase of a new ipod,... mind you I paid about $300 for my first one. F that and F Apple.

Probably a little off topic, but perhaps the problem with my battery was that I was holding my Ipod incorrectly.

coondogg97

Reaction score
The BIGGEST boat I think Android is missing is the ability to support 3rd party hardware. With Apples proprietary connector it allows you to do so much more with after market equipment. Between docks, radios, car mounts, etc it doesn't matter where I am, I will always have a way to listen to my iPods. I wish I was able to walk up to a Bose radio and drop my Droid in the dock and hit play. Unfortunately with the USB connection, I dont know if that will ever happen.
Well most of these 3rd party hardware aren't made by apple. So it's not Verizons or Moto's fault there aren't many docks. Even with my Sandisk Fuze MP3 player (that I ony use at night to fall asleep to currently) has almost nothing on the market, I had to find online a docking station (with no speakers).

I don't own an Apple product. Never have. When I was looking for an MP3 (my env2 phone just didn't cut it for music) I didn't want an Apple product. I looked at them, but just couldn't justify the cost for the brand name. I found out my Fuze was the better deal then my coworkers iPod that was the same size, idea, etc. Except mine had a memory card slot, FM radio, voice recording... her's didn't. And I could use a variety of ways to transfer music and then transfer to my home netbook if I wanted to listen on that.

To transfer music to my droid, I've used Windows Media Player, rip and sync. For playlists I find the free version of Media Monkey sufficient.

If you have never owned an iPod then you have no basis for comparison. And you can't possibly have a straight face you compare your Fuze with an iPod/iPhone. Before I broke down and picked up my first iPod I went through a number of MP3 players. I thought the same thing, who is Apple to charge the prices they charge. After being disappointed in one way or another with all the devices I picked up a used iPod online. After a month of using it I went out and picked up a new one. I was that impressed.
And if you are happy using two or three pieces of software to do what iTunes will do for free, feel free to do so.
I did compare. I said I looked at them (which I probably should have made clearer, meant I compared before buying and looked at my coworkers after buying). And at other MP3 products too. Just because I haven't bought everything in the world, doesn't mean I can't make a intelligent decision based on my opinion and needs about what I choose to buy.

I've saw my coworker (when we had open offices and I could see her computer screen) spend hours putting album art on her iTunes, how she spent hours setting up playlists, spent hours just trying to get it correct (yes it took her weeks to do--she's a fast and efficient worker with time left on her hands). Then how the IT Tech said that her computer was messed up because of iTunes (same with 3 other ladies). How one lady couldn't access her iTunes because she couldn't remember her password. How iPod changed designs quickly and they had to pay for new updates on new devices. I got firmware updates on mine free on the same device and they actually listened to us users wanted.
So yes I have compared.

I don't have to use 2 programs for my Fuze, I could just use WMP, but I have Media Monkey because it does podcasts, which I used for my Fuze, that's why I have it. WMP doesn't do podcasts. I found it eaiser to do playlists and even put music on my Fuze at the time. WMP just works better for me to rip music from CD's. Then it's just eaiser to sync to my devices if I choose to do so immedately.
Originally I just copied the music from my computer to my Droid's card.
Then since I knew MM was good for me to make playlists, I used that for my Droid's playlists.
Last week I used WMP for rip and immedate sync to my Droid. Easy for me.
I like having these options then just one program.... copy paste... MM... WMP... or whatever else I choose to use, or all of them.

To each there own. If you are happy with your Fuze, that is fantastic. If you like it better then an iPod, good for you! You saved yourself a nice chunk of change.

When it comes to setting up playlists or downloading album artwork, that has NOTHING to do with the speed of iTunes or a PC. You can spend as much or as little time on any device as you want.

Are you insinuating that Apple in the past has charged for firmware updates? If so, that is news to me. And I have never heard of anyone getting a virus from iTunes (I assume you mean virus when you say "iTunes messed up their computer).

Password errors are 100% user error, always has been and always will be. It is not Apple or even Googles fault if a user forgets their password.

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a second gen Nano and the wife a Touch. I use mine as a running tool as it syncs with the Nike + pod in/on my shoe and the Nike+ web site that stores my training run information. Besides, I run in all weather (rain/sleet/sun, etc.) and it has yet to fail me. I have dropped it countless times and like Timex "it takes a licking and keeps on ticking".

monkeydog

Reaction score
F--K Apple!

I own an Ipod that has collected dust since the year it was purchased. It is a 30gb Ipod 3rd generation. The battery died after a few months and I was not offered a replacement or anything. I had a co-worker who experienced the same problem, so we purchased batteries from another company,... which lasted about another few months. Around that time Apple came out and acknowledged that they had battery issues and offered $50 towards the purchase of a new ipod,... mind you I paid about $300 for my first one. F that and F Apple.

Probably a little off topic, but perhaps the problem with my battery was that I was holding my Ipod incorrectly.

I have replaced the battery in my 3rd gen ipod 4 times. I haven't used it in over a year, so it probably needs a new battery again now lol
There's a certain satisfaction I get from prying it open and taking its guts out just to replace a battery, its so user friendly.
I get the batteries from ipodjuice.com in case anyone was curious.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
To each there own. If you are happy with your Fuze, that is fantastic. If you like it better then an iPod, good for you! You saved yourself a nice chunk of change.

When it comes to setting up playlists or downloading album artwork, that has NOTHING to do with the speed of iTunes or a PC. You can spend as much or as little time on any device as you want.

Are you insinuating that Apple in the past has charged for firmware updates? If so, that is news to me. And I have never heard of anyone getting a virus from iTunes (I assume you mean virus when you say "iTunes messed up their computer).

Password errors are 100% user error, always has been and always will be. It is not Apple or even Googles fault if a user forgets their password.

what I meant by the album art is that she had to put it in. I did too. Which means iTunes is not flawless. I was surprised it didn't find it easily.

I thought with an iPod you couldn't update unless you got a new one. Am I wrong here?

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a virus, but their computers did not work with iTunes on it. At least that's what they IT guy said. Window computers. Maybe that was why.

Yes passwords are user errors. Sorry, what I meant was that she had to have a password to use it. And couldn't remember it. So she couldn't access her music to make changes on her iPod or iTouch (she switched to a touch later).

cj1896

Reaction score
I bought an Ipod when they were like 500 bucks and it broke 3 DAYS AFTER THE WARRANTY RAN OUT!!! Ever since getting scammed by crapple I vowed never to own/buy another product from them again. I have a custom built pc, android phone, and zune (because I have 20,000 mp3s). It feels good to be apple free!

Russ2387

Reaction score
i have an itouch {2 yrs now} with 0 problems. i use it for music so i wont kill my battery on my droid. i listen up to 8hrs a day at work so battery use is a major concern