Hating 2.2 with a passion. Issues inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTee

Reaction score
The only 3rd party apps that are always on in the background are Slacker, Caller id faker, TiKl, and Battery left. None of which are any apps that sync anything in the background.

Check apps like twitter, facebook, etc if you use those. Just press the menu button when you are in the app and then you should see settings. Press settings then you should see syncing options. You can also hit the menu button when you are on the home screen to get to the other settings like gps.

OP
F

fccs

Reaction score
The only 3rd party apps that are always on in the background are Slacker, Caller id faker, TiKl, and Battery left. None of which are any apps that sync anything in the background.

Check apps like twitter, facebook, etc if you use those. Just press the menu button when you are in the app and then you should see settings. Press settings then you should see syncing options. You can also hit the menu button when you are on the home screen to get to the other settings like gps.

I don't have any apps like facebook and twitter etc. I thought you meant there was something in settings to stop syncing the social app.

Tikl ptt app kills battery. Uninstall that and see ur bat life increase

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I've been using Tikl for the past month and nothing has happened.. I use that very often so I can't unistall it. I was getting 24+hrs like I said with everything I just said running before 2.2.

Under location you should have all 3 unchecked. Social like facebook you set that in the app its self

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Where is location though? Do you mean like wifi, gps, and assisted gps?

KingTee

Reaction score
There may be somthing for the social app. It may be under under sync settings or buried under some other setting in the menu. Sorry i cant help more because i don't have a Droid X yet but i plan on getting one soon.

musicman

Reaction score
Check out the app watchdog. It will tell you what apps are using the most cpu and hopefully help you discover the problematic app.

OP
F

fccs

Reaction score
Check out the app watchdog. It will tell you what apps are using the most cpu and hopefully help you discover the problematic app.

Just checked and well.. android system is using the most at 12% and home at 14%. So explain that lol

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
fccs this thread will continue to go in circles unless you do as instructed.

In one breath you said you didn't download anything now you say you downloaded all kinds of games and apps.

Listen, If you don't want to factory reset (which is not a big deal at all) then start deleting the apps that people suggested JUST FOR TESTING purposes. Uninstall one at a time and test for 12 hours. If on uninstall you see no difference reinstall it and delete the next one so on and so forth.

If you want normal battery life you have to learn to let go of apps that are destroying it.

If after testing all the apps and none of them is negatively effecting battery life do a FACTORY RESET. It will wipe your device clean like you just took it out of the box. It's not a huge deal if you really want to get your device working properly.

With all this said you've gotten great advice. We can't help you anymore unless you do as instructed. If you don't want to listen I suggest you just learn to live with the poor battery life and leave your device plugged in when possible.

This thread is filled with every possible solution so get to work. If you don't want to take anyone's advice stay plugged in and your problems are solved : )

Good Luck!

avt123

Reaction score
Fccs, if you continue to constantly kill these apps you will LOSE battery life. There are some Android apps that show up in "running services" that will CONSTANTLY restart every time you kill them. By killing them you are doing more harm because you drain battery by killing them, and then they re-open. Then you keep doing the same thing. Let Android manage itself. It is meant to do that.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
fccs this thread will continue to go in circles unless you do as instructed.

In one breath you said you didn't download anything now you say you downloaded all kinds of games and apps.

Listen, If you don't want to factory reset (which is not a big deal at all) then start deleting the apps that people suggested JUST FOR TESTING purposes. Uninstall one at a time and test for 12 hours. If on uninstall you see no difference reinstall it and delete the next one so on and so forth.

If you want normal battery life you have to learn to let go of apps that are destroying it.

If after testing all the apps and none of them is negatively effecting battery life do a FACTORY RESET. It will wipe your device clean like you just took it out of the box. It's not a huge deal if you really want to get your device working properly.

With all this said you've gotten great advice. We can't help you anymore unless you do as instructed. If you don't want to listen I suggest you just learn to live with the poor battery life and leave your device plugged in when possible.

This thread is filled with every possible solution so get to work. If you don't want to take anyone's advice stay plugged in and your problems are solved : )

Good Luck!

Closing thread. There is already a thread that exists in the stickies for people with issues with 2.2. OP if you don't want to follow advice given to you then use that bread to do your complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.