Hating 2.2 with a passion. Issues inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
i know for an absolute FACT that Froyo has added HOURS to my battery life. I go all day long and dont even think about turning off wifi, bluetooth, and gps anymore.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i know for an absolute FACT that Froyo has added HOURS to my battery life. I go all day long and dont even think about turning off wifi, bluetooth, and gps anymore.

as most people will..

KingTee

Reaction score
You guys that are having problems with your battery life need to check all the applications that you have set to sync. You might have the sync setting set to the lowest setting. If they are syncing every 15 min then it's gonna kill your battery. If you bump them up to sync every 2-4 hours then that will save battery.

spider210

Reaction score
I use my phone with the following

-bluetooth enabled 24/7 (connects to my car)
- all GPS and location services off
- Facebook sync every 4hrs

I push lots if data through my phone too. Just half way through my cycle and have used 6gb of data

And today for battery mgr I have been unplugged for 10hrs and 4hrs 20min with display on and sitting at 50% battery life. I use my phone all day at work

Running 2.2 ... never got this good with 2.1 I'd be dead after 8hrs of use

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
F

fccs

Reaction score
I would gladly go back to 2.1 if I can and no I don't want to do a factory reset wtf. I'll have to redownload all my games and apps and settings for something that most likely wont fix anything.

How do I check my sync settings, I remember in 2.1 I had everything turned off. Possibly 2.2 turned them all back on but I don't remember where to go to turn them off now, and what are you talking about? I didnt go around any lang. filter

spider210

Reaction score
Either your in bad service area or your phone poorly configured. Hard reset it and then if it doesn't fix it I guess you can complain but 95% of the time it is user error with their settings. And stop using task killers if u are using them

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Personally I think it's amazing that he ever got 24 hours of use out of the phone, any version, any settings.

OP
F

fccs

Reaction score
Either your in bad service area or your phone poorly configured. Hard reset it and then if it doesn't fix it I guess you can complain but 95% of the time it is user error with their settings. And stop using task killers if u are using them

I already know the problem is things running in the background, hence why I use task killer because if I don't the battery life is even worse. Certain apps like vz navigator, social networking, etc are running in the background even though I never use them. How can it be my setup, when "my setup" was giving me 24+ hours of use on 2.1

OP
F

fccs

Reaction score
Also what about my location, where is that cause I had that turned off before as well but I forgot how to check if it's still turned off

spider210

Reaction score
That crap isn't really using CPU its sitting in suspended mode in memory. Learn how linux works . This is not like windows... tasks do not need to be killed if anything you might save 2% battery life unless you don't know what you are doing when closing Alps. Seriously just hard reset and call it a day. Cause something you got setup is messing with it

OP
F

fccs

Reaction score
That crap isn't really using CPU its sitting in suspended mode in memory. Learn how linux works . This is not like windows... tasks do not need to be killed if anything you might save 2% battery life unless you don't know what you are doing when closing Alps. Seriously just hard reset and call it a day. Cause something you got setup is messing with it

I'm not hard reseting my phone because of this update, it was working fine before it so im going to figure out what this update put back on that I had turned off. Where is my location and the social sync settings?

OP
F

fccs

Reaction score
The only 3rd party apps that are always on in the background are Slacker, Caller id faker, TiKl, and Battery left. None of which are any apps that sync anything in the background.

spider210

Reaction score
Under location you should have all 3 unchecked. Social like facebook you set that in the app its self

spider210

Reaction score
The only 3rd party apps that are always on in the background are Slacker, Caller id faker, TiKl, and Battery left. None of which are any apps that sync anything in the background.

Tikl ptt app kills battery. Uninstall that and see ur bat life increase

Status
Not open for further replies.