1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

after 2.2 update bluetooth shuts off when display shuts off

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by jim11, Sep 4, 2010.

1. jim11

jim11 New Member

Following the 2.2 update a couple of days ago, bluetooth shuts off when the automatic display (power saving) shut off occurs. This happens regardless of how many minutes the display shut off is set for.

Setting the display shut off at 30 minutes not a solution, since the display then uses unneeded power for that time, and I'm engaged in an activity during which I can't use my hands...so can't just touch play again on the music player to enable another 30 minutes of playing time.

This was not a problem before the 2.2 update. Anyone else have encounter similar problem since the update? Any ideas about solution?

Problem eliminated, and not the 2.2's problem (not directly) .... when I found the Advanced Task Killer in 2.2 not keeping the tasks killed, I had experimented with several other battery monitor apps, after I couldn't find or remember which additional battery monitoring app I had been using in the previous OS version (still can't remember --it had left a nice little picture of a battery on my homescreen which told me what percentage of power was left. Anyone know? -- I hadn't remembered that one of the programs (Battery Booster) had a feature which had as a default 'shut off bluetooth when phone is locked'. I hadn't thought 'locked', I thought 'display off', not locked, so I wasn't thinking in the same language. Eliminating that default setting fixed the problem.

But, what is the deal with the Advanced Task Killer not working anymore, and is there another program that still succeeds in doing the same thing?

J
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
Search tags for this page
advanced task killer turns off bluetooth
android bluetooth automatically turns off
android bluetooth off when screen off
battery monitor turns off bluetooth
blue tooth keeps shuting off on nexus 4
bluetooth shuts off after a power htc 8x windows phone

bluetooth switches off after screen turns off

bluetooth turns off on htc rezound
droid bionic turns off using bluetooth and oontz with iheart
droid x 2 bluetooth turns on and off

droid x bluetooth shutting off

my droid keeps turning bluetooth off
pls help bluetooth shutdown when screen off in android...
power turn off on android and bluetooth turns off

why does my droid 3 shut off after using blue tooth