1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Incredible keeps shutting down randomly

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by hepcat25, Nov 12, 2010.

1. hepcat25

hepcat25 New Member

In the past two weeks my Incredible has started freezing/shutting down randomly. I usually have to remove the battery to re-boot. Today it is doing it after just a few minutes of use. I've uninstalled the task killer app that was installed several weeks ago, but did not help. I haven't installed any new applications that would coincide with this problem starting. Any ideas? Is it just a defective phone that I should go to Verizon store to exchange?
  2. enlightened

enlightened DF Super Moderator

First question- are you rooted? Second question- have you been using any apps/ games like Angry Birds? They can cause serious overheating. Good call on uninstalling the task killer- it's not needed for any Android phone.

If you can't find a specific app and the phone is just freezing on its own then it sounds like you should call or visit Verizon.
  3. Bowtie

Bowtie Member

My DINC did the same thing right after I bought it, lived with it for about a week or so and then exchanged it for a new one and never had the problem again.
  4. SharpGT500

SharpGT500 New Member

A friend had to get a replacement phone, it did the same thing so he had to send it back and get another replacement to fix it.
Search tags for this page
droid incredible 2 keeps shutting off
droid incredible 2 randomly shuts off

droid incredible keeps shutting off

droid incredible shuts down randomly
htc droid incredible shut down
htc incredible 2 keeps shutting down
htc incredible 2 keeps shutting off
htc incredible 2 shuts down
htc incredible 2 shuts off randomly
htc incredible 2 turns off randomly

htc incredible keeps shutting off