Update 2.2 issues.....

abloam

Reaction score
Ever since I got the update 2 days ago, my phone keeps on bringing up apps even when I dont touch my phone (Skype Mobile, Stocks, Amazon MP3, etc....) all of which I didnt have on my phone before this update. I go into Task Killer and shut them off, but within in 3 minutes, they are all back up!!! :angry: Anyone else having this issue or know how to solve it??? Thanks in advance for any help.

OP
abloam

abloam

Reaction score
Thanks for the bump over, I guess I will just sit ideally by like the rest of us and hope there is a fix in the future.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for the bump over, I guess I will just sit ideally by like the rest of us and hope there is a fix in the future.

There is not a fix coming from Google/Verizon as that is exactly how the system was designed to operate. The only way to remove the unwanted apps (at this time) is to root the phone and delete them. As to task killers:

From Google Devs:
Android was designed from the ground up as an operating system (OS) for mobile devices. Its built-in application and memory-management systems were engineered with battery life as one of the most critical concerns.
The Android OS does not work like a desktop operating system. On a desktop OS, like Windows, Mac OS X, or Ubuntu Linux, the user is responsible for closing programs in order to keep a reasonable amount of memory available. On Android, this is not the case. The OS itself automatically removes programs from memory as memory is needed. The OS may also preload applications into memory which it thinks might soon be needed.
Having lots of available empty memory is not a good thing. It takes the same amount of power to hold "nothing" in memory as it does to hold actual data. So, like every other operating system in use today, Android does its best to keep as much important/likely-to-be-used information in memory as possible.
As such, using a task manager/killer to constantly clear memory by killing apps is strongly NOT RECOMMENDED. Generally speaking, you should only "End" applications if you see one which is not working correctly.