Has anyone tried wrapsol? sounds too good to be true..

jbg25

Reaction score
So was reading this review on CNet..and was quite impressed....

Why Wrapsol's new gadget skin is a happy accident | Web Crawler - CNET News

from the article...

["With more flexibility, we get more impact resistance," Cohen said. "We then redesigned the [skin] kits so we had more coverage around the bezel of the device. We tried it on an iPhone, dropping it from 6 feet onto a concrete pad with no damage--internally or externally."
Cohen says his testers dropped it in excess of 50 times. They then took it a step further with a Nokia N97, which was wrapped in the compound, then dragged behind a truck at 35 miles per hour on rough concrete. It managed to come out with no visible scratches, dents, or cracks in the screen (note: there's [video=youtube;63_UvQBMKG4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63_UvQBMKG4"]a video of it here[/video]).]

Here is the company website product page for the droid...only $25!

Wrapsol | world's strongest complete scratch-proof protection system for Motorola Droid

Has anyone tried this yet?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just saw this as well lol. I dunno...it just seems like an invisible shield like material to me. I don't care what you say, but a piece of flimsy film isn't going to help with "impact resistance". So I'm not buying that claim, just sounds like the device could withstand that fall even without the film.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just saw this as well lol. I dunno...it just seems like an invisible shield like material to me. I don't care what you say, but a piece of flimsy film isn't going to help with "impact resistance". So I'm not buying that claim, just sounds like the device could withstand that fall even without the film.

^+1 same here. Unless the skin is thick enough to have an actual cushioning effect or hard enough to provide support than it's not going to add anything for impact resistance. It may handle scratches great but I have no reason to drag my device behind a truck... If you look on their website it is only advertised as a 'complete scratch-proof protection.' Seams like more proof that the impact resistance is a quality of the phone and not anything added by this flimsy plastic. And at $25 I'd rather have an actual case/cell instead of just thin plastic.

Last edited:

Detonation

Reaction score
Just another one of those scratch proof screen protectors you can add to the list.
Zagg, BestSkinsEver, BodyGuardz, GhostArmour, ClearProtector, PhantomSkinz, Skinomi....every company has their own story but in the end they are all pretty much the same thing.