Has anyone rooted the DX

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by bschultze, Aug 16, 2010.

1. bschultze

bschultze New Member

I was wondering how safe the new root tool is for the DX. has anyone tried it. Im kinda scared to try do to all the horror stories but havent heard anything about the one click tool yet.
  2. scf

scf Member

Eazy-Sneezy. My DX is rooted with Easy Root, and I've already downloaded barnacle/titanium backup/adfree/root explorer.
  3. zook_b

zook_b New Member

I used it last night!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  4. bad4u

bad4u New Member

Im sure there are many more success stories over horror stories......

plus with the sbf, you would have to try really hard to mess up your phone beyond a recoverable state im sure.
  5. xMercury

xMercury New Member

Of course people have tried it. It's nearly impossible to brick your phone from the rooting process. It's what you do after rooting that could brick it. =P Don't mess with files if you're not sure whether or not they're safe to remove.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  6. bitter

bitter New Member

I just used DroidX Root and it took like, 5 seconds total.
  7. validoption

validoption New Member

I used DroidX Root (Root Me / Unroot Me) and it was a snap. First attempt didn't work because Bluetooth wouldn't toggle on fast enough, so for the second attempt I left Bluetooth on and toggled it off--which did the trick.

As far as screwing anything up, I'm with what was said. Don't touch anything you're not comfortable touching/positive you can undo.

Personally, I'm not even going to touch any of the bloat; I will neither TB freeze it or rename the .apks to .bak. The .SBF does alleviate some of my concern, however when I first activated my phone, it forced the .604 update; it didn't even give me an option to install later. This ran contrary to both my experience with the D1, as well as what others (including the VZW instructions) have said about how the DX will d/l the update and give you the option to install now/later. And the last thing I need is for the 2.2 update to crop up out of nowhere and install itself of its own volition while I've got missing/hidden apps it needs to not F up and brick.
  8. bitter

bitter New Member

As far as I know, that's why you unroot before installing the update.
  9. Phelgon

Phelgon New Member

I'll give that a try, my UI seems to go slow as molasses and has the touch recognition of frostbite.

So far I have been unsuccessful in rooting this evening.

-- Ok, two things, am I supposed to keep trying to toggle it on and off until it tells me it fails, or is it a one press thing?

Second, it looks like the program tries about 3 or 5 times before it gives up with the progress bar going back to the middle (from the almost end), is that normal? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

And I guess third, I'm running it on Win 7 64 run as admin.