x won't root

bucknuts4747

Reaction score
i tried to root my x with the one click root method.. when i plugged it in and did the steps it keeps saying root failed can't find device... so then i tried to manual root but when i went to drag the files to my tools folder on my sdcard there was no tools folder.. suggestions...

I really just want to wifi tether is there a way to do that without rooting?

D

dankarlinski

it sounds like you dont have the drivers installed. check and verify that you do. there is also software called z4root that roots for free from your phone. it was pulled from the market, so if you need a copy, pm me with your email and ill shoot you the apk

maderschramm

Reaction score
To tether without root your only option is paying for the 3g hotpot app

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
i tried to root my x with the one click root method.. when i plugged it in and did the steps it keeps saying root failed can't find device... so then i tried to manual root but when i went to drag the files to my tools folder on my sdcard there was no tools folder.. suggestions...

I really just want to wifi tether is there a way to do that without rooting?

Which 1-click root method did you use? Rootmyx2 1-click root you have to toggle and keep toggling through connections to get it to go. Mine failed about a half dozen times before it finally went.

Just an idea:)

Olivia

Reaction score
it sounds like you dont have the drivers installed. check and verify that you do. there is also software called z4root that roots for free from your phone. it was pulled from the market, so if you need a copy, pm me with your email and ill shoot you the apk

Thanks so much for that info! I found the application and rooted my phone! Easy peasy!!!:icon_ banana: