Has anyone noticed this browser issue

miguel11691

Reaction score
I go some wsebsites and the broswer just crashes but I don't a force close message it just crashes and It goes back to the google screen... is their a way to fix that... I love thw miui but that problem on 12.3.2 made go to ud 2.4... but I miss miui a lot.... and does anyone know where I can get a windows phone 7 theme for the miui... using standered launcher not downloading launcher pro?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Z

ZeroBarrier

Most likely, your OC is way too high. Flash is known to crash the browser when the CPU is OC'ed way too high, so you'll need to lower your clock.

And as for WPhone7 themes, I don't know; I'm not into the WPhone7 style.

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Sounds like something in the rom, have you tried using an alternative browser with miui to see if that fixes the problem? I use dolphin hd and have never had any issues with it.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 to OC speed

Most likely, your OC is way too high. Flash is known to crash the browser when the CPU is OC'ed way too high, so you'll need to lower your clock.

DroidForums junkie!!

xpezdj

Reaction score
I'm not rooted and my d1 does this too me all the time. I've completely stopped using default and using opera which actually is alot smoother.

gerend

Reaction score
Let me get this right...

So you have an Android phone, with a ROM that looks like an iPhone, and you want a WP7 theme for that?

May I suggest a Commodore 64 wallpaper and some MIDI ringtones to complete the concept?

To each his own, I guess :)

OP
M

miguel11691

Reaction score
So you have an Android phone, with a ROM that looks like an iPhone, and you want a WP7 theme for that?

May I suggest a Commodore 64 wallpaper and some MIDI ringtones to complete the concept?

To each his own, I guess :)

Lmao its looks nice and the launcher just started to get very old to me... had android since the old g1... lol.. and this is my first topic ever on this site lol...

OP
M

miguel11691

Reaction score

What's the highest I should oveclock and what's the best kernal to use for the this rom... I was using chevynu1... should I use something else

OP
M

miguel11691

Reaction score
Sounds like something in the rom, have you tried using an alternative browser with miui to see if that fixes the problem? I use dolphin hd and have never had any issues with it.

Yea it does it on dolphin hd as well

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Yeah must be a clock issue then. I'm using chevs 1.2ghz ulv kernel and I'm having no problems with the browser. But every phone is different, what clockspeed are you running at now?

OP
M

miguel11691

Reaction score
Yeah must be a clock issue then. I'm using chevs 1.2ghz ulv kernel and I'm having no problems with the browser. But every phone is different, what clockspeed are you running at now?

used setcpu to set it at 1000 when using and 250 not using on demand checked... 1.0 ghz ulv kernal

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Try a 800mhz kernel
Or just change ur setcpu settings down to 800mhz max.

OP
M

miguel11691

Reaction score
Try a 800mhz kernel
Or just change ur setcpu settings down to 800mhz max.

Ok will try that.... quick question is their a way to make the transitions from one page to another less laggy

T

treym

What's the highest I should oveclock and what's the best kernal to use for the this rom... I was using chevynu1... should I use something else

You should quit thinking in terms of "highest overclock."

For one, no one's phone is the same. Everyone's cpu will handle clockspeed/voltage different.

For two, you shouldn't be trying to overclock the hell out of your phone. 1ghz is just fine. And most phones can handle it easily.

I recomend Slayher's kernels. The 1ghz one. Slayher Kernels

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised

It depends on your phone what kernel and clock speed you should be at but as a professional phone killer, I would recommend using the stock kernel overclocked to 800mhz. Chevy's are known for their stability and compatibility if you really want to overclock to 1000 or more. I've heard good things about slayers too. But again, 800mhz stock is what I recommend, which is what I included.