Problem with Dolphin Browser and MIUI

johninbigd

Reaction score
The Dolphin browser crashes every time I try to go to its Settings. It crashes every time as soon as I hit the settings button. This has happened in all there versions of MIUI I've tried. I'm on the 0.12.3.0 now and it's still doing it. I wiped my phone before this upgrade, so this is also a fresh installation of Dolphin.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I forgot that I have another issue with Dolphin on MIUI. I'm constantly getting error messages that the connection is being interrupted and I often notice that parts of pages never load. It's almost as if some sort of ad blocker is installed, but I sure didn't install one.

Last edited:
OP
J

johninbigd

Reaction score
Nevermind. I switched from the older Dolphin Browser to the much newer Dolphin HD Browser. It works much better.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try miren browser much better than dolphin

Sent from crystal droid

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do a search this forum..also its on miui-dev.com. There is english support for it now. Aka miui browser or charming browser.

Sent from crystal droid

OP
J

johninbigd

Reaction score
Do a search this forum..also its on miui-dev.com. There is english support for it now. Aka miui browser or charming browser.

Sent from crystal droid

Is it the browser that comes with MIUI, or is this something else I need to find and install? I thought the browser that came with MIUI was the stock Android browser.

OP
J

johninbigd

Reaction score
Nevermind, I just did a search as you suggested. :) I found it and I'm installing it now.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nevermind, I just did a search as you suggested. :) I found it and I'm installing it now.

you may have to upgrade if you installed a previous version, but just be patient. The new version will install and you will be good to go.

hoppermi

Reaction score
You know its in the market now, right? You can get the newest version there.

OP
J

johninbigd

Reaction score
You know its in the market now, right? You can get the newest version there.

lol I didn't even bother to check there! I didn't realize it was there, so I grabbed a copy from xda developers. Still, that's good to know.

OP
J

johninbigd

Reaction score
Holy freaking cow, is this thing a battery hog. Dang. If you run this browser, you can practically sit and watch your battery drain. I like the browser a lot, but not at that high of a price. Whew... Back to Dolphin HD for the time being. If they get that battery drain issue fixed, I'll switch back.