Has anybody else not received the 5.5.893 official update yet???

sr.torres22

Reaction score
As the title states...i been patiently waiting for this update, and have not received anything yet. Randomly check for system updates and nothing. Would i need to have wifi on? Or is this normal???

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

fatpomp

Reaction score
Don't know if this works or not but it apparently worked for this guy at android forums.

Hey everyone, I was trying to get the OTA and it kept saying No Update at this time blah blah blah..

well then I found this post..

"here is a fix from the droid x days go to: Battery data manager>data delivery>social applications> un check sync over wi-fi only. Power cycle the phone (turn off-turn on) and you should be back in business."

That worked for me!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
sr.torres22

sr.torres22

Reaction score
Don't know if this works or not but it apparently worked for this guy at android forums.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Just check the settings and is unchecked. Oh well, back to waiting... -__-
Thanks anyhow.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's the official OTA file to go from .886 to 5.5.893: Dropbox - Blur_Version.5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip - Simplify your life

If you're 100% stock, haven't rooted or flashed anything, you should be able to put that file on the root of your SD card, then do the following:
  • boot into stock recovery (power on while holding vol-up and vol-dn at the same time)
  • once you see the menu, use vol-dn to move to "recovery" and vol-up to select it
  • once you see the triangle, press vol-up and vol-dn at the same time again
  • This should bring you to a menu with blue text - this is stock recovery
  • Choose "update from sd card" (or however it's worded)
  • Use the volume buttons to move up and down again, power button to select - find the .zip you just put on your sd card and select it
  • I can't remember if it asks you to confirm or anything, but tell it yes
As long as your system is 100% in tact (no frozen bloatware, etc) and still 100% .886 (kernel/radio included), that should work fine and be exactly like taking the OTA. If you've never rooted or taken a leaked OTA file before, this should work just fine.

I'm hitting the sack, so good luck. :)

mjschultz

Reaction score
I haven't received either the 5.5.893 or 5.9.901 update. Each time I've gone to Systems Updates, I get the message "Check for update is not available at this time. Try again later." Tried the fix posted originally by tommy1005 but sync over wifi only was already unchecked. Anyone have any ideas about what to do?

Husker_fan_

Reaction score
Do a factory reset of the phone. Same thing happened with my wifes bionic. I got it, she didn't. As soon as we did the factory reset the update was there. Was told this was caused from the store not activating the phone correctly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Husker_fan_

Reaction score
If you sync with google first you'll only lose your homescreen layout and txt message history. Your apps will get redownloaded when you resync when you sign in again. Your gallery and media that is on the int or ext sd card wont get touched.

OP
sr.torres22

sr.torres22

Reaction score
Did factory reset and was able to update to 5.5.893. Now waiting to see if i can update to the new one.

Husker_fan_

Reaction score
That other update was only released to a few phones by accident. It was never an official ota update. Read that on motorolas forum.

OP
sr.torres22

sr.torres22

Reaction score
Cool cool. Thanks for the help guys!!!

scottocs

Reaction score
I updated to 5.9.901 using the Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method, and now I'm on it but when I check for updates, I see it wants to update to 5.5.893.
Why does it do this and should I update?
Thanks.