Handcent thinks delivered SMS is undelivered

quadracer06

Reaction score
A few days ago, Handcent started to not recognize that it had sent the SMS, or it would at least show up as undelivered, even when I could confirm that the person I had sent it to received it. I don't know if this has to do with the June 22 update or what, but it is not working.

I tried restoring back to an older version of Handcent that I had backed up with Titanium Backup. Still not working.

Even the stock messaging app is thinking that the SMS is undelivered. I am able to confirm that the SMS is sent and received on the other end, but my phone still thinks that it is undelivered.

When I reboot the phone, it sends all of the undelivered ones just fine and as a result, the SMS is actually sent out twice, once when I first send it and again when the phone reboots.

I have *228 option (1) and (2) to update the roaming capabilities thinking that might help, but no luck.

Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.

Rooted Droid, CM 5.0.8

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine does this also, stock mms and handcent, I run the stock mms with the extra options and it was so annoying I pulled the apk and deleted the ic_sms_mms_pending.png it kept doing it though, the sms and email png's are the same icon, I replaced the ic_sms_mms_pending.png and deleted the ic_email_pending.png and now it does not show that icon anymore, I don't know why there is an "email pending" icon within the mms.apk but if you pull the apk apart look in res/drawable-hdpi/ and delete the email_pending.png your problem is solved

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

OP
Q

quadracer06

Reaction score
That seems like a lot of work, I was hoping that it was going to be something simple. Thanks for the help! But, it is nice to know if or when a message does not get sent. And that wouldn't solve the issue of sending every SMS again once the phone is rebooted...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
And as far as sending out repeat Mms to the same person it does this when I flash a completly new Rom not just during a reboot like when I was installing the Froyo leaks, I kept sending the same messages over and over, so I cleared my history and no problems since

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space