Handcent SMS Update

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The latest update comes with a kick ass medium widget... now you can see the SMS right on the screen. Scroll through them and reply right from the widget.

Kicks ass.

Now they need to let up change the font and colors...:icon_ banana:

Moondonkey

Reaction score
cool... downloading it now...

it is taking forever for some reason to pull down 2MB

armeddroid

Reaction score
picked it up last night and i have to say.. it kicks ass. the widget is smooth as hell, and on top of that, I killed it via system app and for it to reset, it was instant.
def gets my vote.

alm0614

Reaction score
I love how he makes the changelog pop up the first time you open the app again.. and yes the widget is excellent

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I thought let me take a look at this update. I went to my downloads and no handcent. I look at my drawer however and it's sitting right there and yes, I have used it even have saved messages with it.

I think this may have been an app that I restored with My Backup Pro and that's why it wasn't appearing in my apps. Anyway, thanks OP you solved two issues for me with one post.

ipawd1

Reaction score
Wish they'd change the icon to something a little bit more savvy. The big blue icon is ugly

alm0614

Reaction score
you can change the icon to whatever you want, use bettercut

rmart88

Reaction score
The update also Organized the seetings to be much more user friendly :) and it doesnt seem to gohst text when i power my phone off and on anymore :icon_ banana: which was my largest gripe with handcent. it srtill has a lot of lag, but its understandable, its a pretty large application. i was just about to the point of going back to the stock messaging app, not any more! :)