customizing colors in handcent sms?

issues636

Reaction score
ok so maybe someone with a little more handcent experience can help me with what i'm trying to do. when i first got handcent i'll admit i was hooked on the iphone bubbles, but 2 weeks later i guess i got that phase out of me, cause i switched to the Android conversation style option and i like it a lot better. my only problem now, i can't figure out how to have the message screen have a black background. is it possible?

the way i changed the background color sms sent/received colors was through Bubble Settings when i was set to iPhone. but i guess they're not considered bubbles anymore now that it's Android. yet i don't see another settings menu. my phone phone is themed dark. my Conversation List is a dark background. yet when i click into a message it's a white background, and it looks bad. how do i change that color?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure you're on the screen showing all conversations and then go into Settings. IIRC set Theme to Black.

Just be aware that there are different settings options depending on where you are within Handcent.