Handcent SMS Every Message Received is Received 2x

M.J.H.

For some reason if I get an SMS message that could say hey what's up it will list 2 bubbles at the same time one on top of the next.

Anyone know how to fix this!? Very annoying. :)

majesticcoz

Handcent

I'm having the same issue but when I turn off notifactions in messaging app, I dont get any notification with Handcent.

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
I have also noticed that the double handcent posting is an intermittent issue. I have received this annoying "feature" of Handcent quite a bit more lately (after last update) than I did in the past. I am hoping that the Handcent developer reads this forum regularly as many of the loyal Handcent users have been pretty adamant that the bugs that have been recently introduced should be quickly removed. I guess we will wait and see. Wish I had a fix to provide, aside from my resolution which is to just grin and bear it.

Lallo

I'm having the same issue but when I turn off notifactions in messaging app, I dont get any notification with Handcent.

stock messenging app notifications set to "off" and handcent notifcations set to "on". Your in business

It is not the stock messaging app causing the problem. I have had this happen multiple times, and I have the stock app turned off. Yet handcent will still register many messages two, occasionally even three times. It is not just in the notification bar, either, the messages actually appear in the conversation log multiple times.

dmo580

an update came out today. let us know if this fixed anything. i have my "texting" days where i get lots of texts and today and yesterday have not been them so i haven't noticed if this new update has changed anything.