Handcent SMS Every Message Received is Received 2x

M.J.H.

Reaction score
For some reason if I get an SMS message that could say hey what's up it will list 2 bubbles at the same time one on top of the next.

Anyone know how to fix this!? Very annoying. :)

droid d'oh

Reaction score
Reinstall. This happened to me earlier today and that seems to be the only fix.

majesticcoz

Reaction score
Handcent

I'm having the same issue but when I turn off notifactions in messaging app, I dont get any notification with Handcent.

J5311

Reaction score
you have to go into the stock "green" messaging app and turn the notification off

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have also noticed that the double handcent posting is an intermittent issue. I have received this annoying "feature" of Handcent quite a bit more lately (after last update) than I did in the past. I am hoping that the Handcent developer reads this forum regularly as many of the loyal Handcent users have been pretty adamant that the bugs that have been recently introduced should be quickly removed. I guess we will wait and see. Wish I had a fix to provide, aside from my resolution which is to just grin and bear it.

Lallo

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue but when I turn off notifactions in messaging app, I dont get any notification with Handcent.

stock messenging app notifications set to "off" and handcent notifcations set to "on". Your in business

It is not the stock messaging app causing the problem. I have had this happen multiple times, and I have the stock app turned off. Yet handcent will still register many messages two, occasionally even three times. It is not just in the notification bar, either, the messages actually appear in the conversation log multiple times.

stu11

Reaction score
I am having the same problem quite frequently. Hope there is a fix for it soon.

dmo580

Reaction score
an update came out today. let us know if this fixed anything. i have my "texting" days where i get lots of texts and today and yesterday have not been them so i haven't noticed if this new update has changed anything.

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Problem for me too. Not an issue with stock notification. Just updated, hope its fixed.