Handcent Questions - please help!

Reaction score
I'm really interested in using Handcent, but have a few questions.

1. After download, how do I enable Handcent, but disable my regular messaging program to avoid receiving double messages?
2. If ever I decide to remove Handcent, how do I reactivate the regular messaging system?
3. Is Handcent super buggy?
4. Can you still do things like attach photos, insert emoticons, etc. on Handcent?
Thanks in advance for all of your help!!!!!dancedroid

shaggykid

Reaction score
1. Handcent will automatically start receiving messages and you can disable the stock message app using titanium back-up by either freezing( recommended) or by removing the app with titanium.

*note- you need to be rooted

2. You can go back to stock app by unfreezing whenever

3. I have no problems with handcent.

4. Yes :)

Sent from your mom's house using my Droid X

littledrgn

Reaction score
Hello me personally I just stopped the notification in the messaging of the one come with phone open up handcent and go threw the settings can do all sorts of customs yes you can do pics and emo with it as well and as far as buggy not that bad may get double message sometimes

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

shaggykid

Reaction score
^^ his way would be better if you don't want to get titanium to freeze tge app

bigkhan

Reaction score
Open handcent and enable notifications. Open stock txt app and disable notifications. All messages will go both places, but since you disabled notifications, you will never notice anything. If you ever want to go back just do the opposite. Yes you can still send video/pic messages, with a larger size limit. Also you will not be cut off at 160 characters in your txt messages. It will just split your message for verizon. It does everything the stock app does as good or better. And does more.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

shaggykid

Reaction score
No that was for titanium

OP
C
Reaction score
Slightly unrelated but ... I can't seem to receive pictures from anyone. Do I need to change a setting?