Had issues with CM 6.1.2, will Sapphire have these too?

jimmypop13

Reaction score
I want a stable, fast, stock-style rom. Right now I'm on MIUI 12.24 and I really like it but I prefer the stock style looks. I tried the latest releases of Cyanogenmod 6.1.2 and Ultimate Droid but I had the same problems in both so I guess UD is built off Cyanogen.
I wiped several times before installing either one so it shouldn't have been installation issues and I used the included kernels.
My issues were that sometimes my txts get sent to the wrong people. I've read this is a known issues but so far have only run into it in cm/ud.
Also I had a lot of issues with the browser. It would close down a lot while loading a page. No force close came up, it just closed and went back to the homescreen.
And another thing was an error I'd get that would force close certain apps. The best example I can think of is the Okcupid app(yes I'm lonely!). When looking at matches, if you try to select options, I get a force close every time.
I have none of these problems on MIUI and I even unrooted and got the stock OTA update and had none of these issues.
So my question is, has anyone had these issues with Sapphire or should I just try it out and find out for myself?

Zombie

Reaction score
I want a stable, fast, stock-style rom. Right now I'm on MIUI 12.24 and I really like it but I prefer the stock style looks. I tried the latest releases of Cyanogenmod 6.1.2 and Ultimate Droid but I had the same problems in both so I guess UD is built off Cyanogen.
I wiped several times before installing either one so it shouldn't have been installation issues and I used the included kernels.
My issues were that sometimes my txts get sent to the wrong people. I've read this is a known issues but so far have only run into it in cm/ud.
Also I had a lot of issues with the browser. It would close down a lot while loading a page. No force close came up, it just closed and went back to the homescreen.
And another thing was an error I'd get that would force close certain apps. The best example I can think of is the Okcupid app(yes I'm lonely!). When looking at matches, if you try to select options, I get a force close every time.
I have none of these problems on MIUI and I even unrooted and got the stock OTA update and had none of these issues.
So my question is, has anyone had these issues with Sapphire or should I just try it out and find out for myself?
I have never had those issues (and I can't comment on the error with Okcupid due to never using it).

The only time anything that has gone odd with texting is when pressing the name in the notification bar, it will open the very last conversation (bottom of the list) rather than the one selected, but I believe this is a problem with froyo because my friend who is on unrooted stock has this same issue sometimes.

Edit: and I literally just saw this posted on the front page of droidforums.net - link

Last edited: